Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Project

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Project Desktop, Project Server, and Project Online. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!

The Microsoft Project Team

How can we improve Project?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add MS Project app for iOS

I’m a project manager and I’d like to open my project files into the iPad / iPhone and today I do not have native solution from Microsoft. Since we have a lot of tools from MS O365 why not MS Project !?

7 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • MS Project Syncing to SharePoint

I am setting up a task list app on my project management office's sharepoint site. I can get MS Project and Sharepoint to sync just fine for all the default columns. Now I want a view that contains all the other columns we use, like duration, baseline start, baseline finish, actual finish, early/late start, and early/late finish.

When I initially set this up, I went to Map Fields button in MS Project and did the Add Field button. For column Baseline Start, make a Baseline Start column on the Sharepoint task list. And so on. It worked. Terrific. I save…

13 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • SharePoint project sync timeline bar labels

Microsoft Project 2016 synchronization to SharePoint Online No Bar Labels available in the timeline ribbon.

The synchronization process seems to work flawlessly except for one aspect of the timeline. The timeline bar label are not taken into account during the sync'ing of the project plan to the SharePoint Online targeted Task List.

Is there a way to enable this Project Desktop feature in the SharePoint Online ribbon and if not when do you anticipate an update to incorporate this functionality?

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • microsoft teams

I would like to have Project Web App in Microsoft Teams.

85 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Give Project Online the Ability to Use the On-Premise Data Gateway to Reach into the Corporate Data Center and Import Actual Hours

Power BI, Power Apps, and Flow all have the ability to connect to a multitude of data sources--and to use the On-Premise Data Gateway. Project Server and Project Online both need similar features and--generally better ability to bring data into the Project Schedule. The immediate and obvious need is for reaching into the Accounting Databases in the Corporate Data Center and bringing Actual Hours into Project Server/Project Online.

Earned Value Management (EVM)--required by all Federal agencies--requires that Actual Hours be brought into the Project Schedule for purposes of calculating the Earned Value Parameters. Right now, CSOM customization or VBA macros…

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• make sharing the functional gantt view easier to non project and non-tenant users

mind numbing is all I can say. Take a look at smart sheet to understand the simple changes you should implement for sharing and export

3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Show Planner Charts & Information in a Task Window in Project

Allow end users to be able to connect and then open and see a quick synopsis of what is done or not done in Planner, within MS Projet

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Integrate SharePoint Projects from Project Center with Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation

Dynamics 365 Project Services Automation already can save Projects as mpp files in SharePoint Online. But they feel pretty lonesome there.

It would be great to connect SharePoint projects from Project Center to Dynamics 365 PSA. I dont think this is yet possible according to MS-documentation.
                  We manage SharePoint projects internally through PWA/Project Center and SharePoint Project Sites, but we need the output for customers and invoicing to be done in Dynamics PSA. We need to put the projects into Customer Relation.
                  This integration would be for us THE reason to get MS Dynamics 365.

I think this is a…

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base