Microsoft Project

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Project Desktop, Project Server, and Project Online. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!

The Microsoft Project Team

How can we improve Project?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add a "On Save" trigger to the Project Online Microsoft Flow options

Currently the Flow triggers related to Project Online are related to published and created values. I would also like to have a trigger related to the on save action. Where I would save on a non schedule PDP and it would trigger a Flow based on that action.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display windows in separate screens

I propose to standardize the visualization as in Excel or Word, so to be able to separate the windows of 2 open projects in order to see them in 2 separate screens

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Color-code Cards from the Sprint Planning Board

Would be awesome to have the capability to color-code Cards (right click with font functions drop-list) from the Sprint Planning Board View. Like most projects, Cards (Features) are moved around from Sprint to Sprint and it would be great to have visual trace-ability to compare to Baseline.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Issues and Risks custom columns in OData Feed

1. we would love to have the Issues and Risks custom columns in OData Feed.
    2. Any custom list at the Project site should be available in OData feed.It would be easy to develop the Power BI report. Although there are ways to achieve it via Passing the Project site URL as function but with 1000 projects, it's very slow since it has to loop through all the sites and lists.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Deep integration with Microsoft Planner

Imagine this: you create a task in MSProject that requires action from a task owner. You click the Link to Planner button and go through the linking process (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/brismith/2017/08/29/microsoft-planner-linking-plans-to-a-project-task/#comment-48795). But instead of just being a link to the Planner plan, you actually see the task as a card on the plan, with Task Name, Start Date, Finish Date, and Resources all being pulled from MSProject to Planner. And you can add more tasks from MSProject to Planner, each as its own card. You then add this plan to a tab on Teams, and people can go from the…

377 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dual screen support.

How is it not possible to have to separate Projects open at the same time, like any other Office product?

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import schedules with mode setting

When I export the schedule created in Microsoft Project to csv and importing it again,
    "The selected item has progress reported. Do you want to delete the item? Yes / No"
    Dialog is displayed.

My Importing process must give up because the same dialog is displayed again regardless of which button is pressed.

If I set all tasks to manual mode before importing a schedule created in Microsoft Project,
    The above dialog is not displayed, and import processing can be performed.

But I am troubled because the mode settings are lost.

Would you tell me how to import csv etc…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a Schedule Review function with comments and track changes as per MS Word

As a Programme Manager and Project Manager I am reviewing schedules for my PM's or as a peer review. Standout comment bubbles or track changes feature would be useful feature to capture changes/comments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the WBS field to the Assignments table

Users would like to add the WBS field to the Assignments views on the schedule PDP in Project Online.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to be able to link tasks in MS Project to buckets in Office 365 Planner

I want to be able to link tasks in MS Project to buckets in Office 365 Planner

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. find in hidden

When using the Find/Replace tool in MS Project, provide a checkbox that allows searching/replacing in hidden rows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rollup of 'number' type custom field in Project Center

Enterprise custom fields of the type 'number' can be added to the Project Center (created as a Project field type) and can then be added to the Project Center view to show the field settings.

The field value is created either by a calculation or through entering a value in the field in the Project Details. However the 'rollup' option does not total these as it does for other fields, for example 'Cost' type custom fields.

I would like to see the 'number' field roll up in the Project Center view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Project Online Essentials - Dependencies

We had some admins that purchased Project Online Essentials without reading the documentation. I think it would be great that IF (like in our case the tenant has no Project Online Professional licenses) then we get some sort of warning that this needs to be purchased as this is a requirement for the Project Online Essentials users.
    I will check how this got past purchasing but might be good to have this more visible for admins that doesn't come across project that often.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please label approved resource calendar exceptionr requests as .e.g., "[Vacation exception]”

When a user submits planned vacation (administrative time) from their time Timesheet in PWA (Project Online), and after that timesheet is approved, the exception days(s) successfully appear in the resource’s calendar, but there is no label given in the Exceptions table that is within the Change Working Time window in the Project Professional client. In the past, (i.e., worked in Server version 2010) it used to annotate these approved exceptions as “[Vacation exception]”.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to export tasks from Project to Outlook appointments

Be able to select project or tasks and export to Outlook calendar appointments so can add reminders etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Impersonation support for CSOM to read other user's timesheets

In order to centrally manage timesheets I need to retrieve programmatically all timesheets. If I try to impersonate I receive CSOMDelegationNotSupported. Please provide a method to access all user's timesheets.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Task board field editing

Enable editing task information directly in taskboard (without need of opening task information dialog window and finding all the fields that should be updated).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need to customize the behavior of the progress line in Project client

I would like to ask improvements of the behavior and implementing the features below because the action of the progress line for rollup tasks doesn’t work as expected while the progress line works normally for general tasks.

1. Rollup tasks placed prior to the status date has a progress line toward the progressed point for subtasks, and it might not be the expected behavior for user. So, it would be nice if I would have a customization on the progress line for rollup tasks.
    2. The tasks placed after the status date has a progress line toward the completed point…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Project

Feedback and Knowledge Base