Project Online Desktop Client

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum for Project Online Desktop Client!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Project Desktop, Project Server, and Project Online.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team

1. Change display name in add/remove programs

Project Online Desktop Client is displayed as Microsoft Project Professional 2016 - en-us in the add/programs list. It would be great to rename Project Online Desktop Client differently than the standalone Project Professional 2016. Please display the correct version being installed to help differentiate the two versions and make software inventory easier to track what computer has what version of Project installed. I reported this to Microsoft as a bug and they specified it was by design. I do not know why this is by design for Project while Visio distinguishes the two (standalone and subscription) by having a different…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Saving a project file as a PDF on a mapped drive causes MS Project to freeze

MS Project freezes when trying to save a project as a PDF to a mapped drive. After trying to solve this issue the microsoft premier support informed me that this behavior is by design with following statement:

The behavior is by design, and triggered by the latency of the connection with the Network Drive. (10ms+)

As a workaround we need to save the PDF locally and move it to the mapped drive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Jalali Calendar for MSP

Hi
    Since Microsoft has added Jalali Calendar (solar calendar for Iran) in windows 10, I suggest to do so for MSP new version.
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. timeline formatting

Allow more formatting of timeline bar contents. Such as: alternate task names to be able to shorten from task names used on GANT view (ie. default Task Name but support an Abbreviated name in timeline bar when too short).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Portuguese error there are several versions

In the MS Project View tab, in the "Resource Views" group we have a huge translation error. Resource "Views" are described, the correct being Resource Views.

Erro de português há várias versões

Na Guia Exibir do MS Project desktop, no grupo "Visãos de Recurso" temos um erro enorme de tradução. Está descrito "Visãos" de recurso sendo que o correto, seria, Visões de Recurso.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Portfolio Features

For starters have a new field called "Portfolio" that you can enter the name of the Portfolio. Also, the ability to have a Portfolio project plan template that automatically calls in the defined related sub-projects.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Subsummary bar style

When making a double indent like

Summary
    ---Subsummary
    ------Taskname

The style of the subsummary is inherited from the task style. If a custom style is defined by right-click or with a custom field/flag, the style from the task is not completely overidden. Lets say the task has a full green solid bar, but the subsummary is given a black top line, result is black topline on green solid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Move multiple bars simultaneously

This one is so simple, I'm surprised it is not the top feature request ;)

I basically just want to be able to:

A: Select multiple tasks, and drag them on the timeline simultaneously

or

B: Drag the parent task, and all the subtasks will move accordingly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring back Integration to Azure Devops

The integration between MS Project and Azure Devops was very useful. While the improved Excel integration with Devops is welcome, it does not make up for the deprecation of the Devops integration with Project. Please bring the integration back!

Getting more apps for project and task management of Project Desktop, Project Online, PWA, Project for the Web, Devops, Planner, and ToDo with less integration is the wrong direction! The right direction is a common data model for projects and tasks which can be exposed through an appropriate UI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Auto-save needed

I have grown so accustom to my Office documents auto-saving when saved to cloud storage that I forget to manually save do this with working with Project. This has caused a lot of lost work for me.
    Remember to save should be a figment of the past.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Saving a project file as a PDF on a mapped drive causes MS Project to freeze

MS Project freezes when trying to save a project as a PDF to a mapped drive. After trying to solve this issue the microsoft premier support informed me that this behavior is by design with following statement:

The behavior is by design, and triggered by the latency of the connection with the Network Drive. (10ms+)

As a workaround we need to save the PDF locally and move it to the mapped drive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Update MSP linked task directly from planner with start and finish + % complete data

When I open MSP my task that is linked to planner should automatically update with the earliest start date & latest finish date from all tasks in planner and maybe a % complete

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show enterprise custom fields when not connected top Project Online

When a project file is converted to an mpp file using "Save As" so the PM can work on it not connected to Project Online, all of the "Enterprise Custom Fields" disappear. Please make them visible even if they cannot be modified offline.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Timeline Task Colors to Match the colors on the Gantt Chart.

Currently, I'm able to automatically color a task bar in the Gantt chart according to the resource group, albeit that processes could be simplified as well. When viewing in Timeline the task color is set to a light blue. It would be excellent if there was an option to set the color of the Timeline bar to match the color of the Gantt chart bar for the associated task.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Persian Calendar

Please add Persian calendar in msp 2019

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Persian Calendar

Please add Persian calendar in msp 2019

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Import and export Bar formats

Allow the option to copy and paste custom Bar formats, between project files, either as a copy and paste function between two project files(which isnt possible at the momnent) or as as eperate import and export function.
    Currently i have a Project template set up with the custom bar styles in but if we receive a programme from an extrenal source then I have to add these custom bar styles manully every time. Custom bar styles are used to indentify quickly different stages of a project, and to add some corperate indentity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. zoom

Enable Multi-Year Timeline Zoom

For long-term projects it would be great to be able to zoom out further to quarters/years.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integrate MS Project with MS Teams

It would be useful to me as the single PROJECT license owner in the company to be able to share a "read-only" view of the project with my team. This would be useful to do through a Microsoft Teams tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Project Online Desktop Client

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base