Microsoft Project

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Project Desktop, Project Server, and Project Online. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!

The Microsoft Project Team

How can we improve Project?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Need to customize the behavior of the progress line in Project client

I would like to ask improvements of the behavior and implementing the features below because the action of the progress line for rollup tasks doesn’t work as expected while the progress line works normally for general tasks.

1. Rollup tasks placed prior to the status date has a progress line toward the progressed point for subtasks, and it might not be the expected behavior for user. So, it would be nice if I would have a customization on the progress line for rollup tasks.
    2. The tasks placed after the status date has a progress line toward the completed point…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Colour Coding of User-Defined Milestones

To have the ability to assign different color codes to user-defined milestones for better representation and visibility in report formats.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Group Summary Bar Auto Display of User-Defined Fields

Group Summary Bar Annotation

To have the ability to auto-display a user-defined field (like a three-letter acronym) assigned for example in project milestones and be able to display that tag at a Group Summary Bar level. This will allow good visibility of user-defined milestones at a portfolio level.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Global Bar Styles

I created different views in MS Project (configurate tables and filters for each view).

For all views i need one bar style.

Actually, i have to set in every view the same bar style manually (6 views with each 15 bar styles is not very comfortable). Additional i have to customize bar styles in every single view.

My idea is to create global bar styles to transfer to different created views.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. OS WITHOUT BINARY

Alphabetic OS system

if need a deal get in touch with me..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Where is this in the object Model - Copy Views from one instance to another

Hi Brian,

I need to copy views from one instance to another but the object model for project server doesn't seem to expose those objects. Can you direct me to an object model that allows me to move a PWA view from one instance to another.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Custom Text Styles

Please add the ability for users to create multiple (maybe 10?) custom text styles. Right now I basically have one custom style, which I enable by using "marked tasks". It would be very useful to have several different styles, which I could enable/change by changing the value of a new "custom style" field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add custom fields to resource engagements

Add the possibility to create custom fields on resource engagements for reporting and classification purposes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Could you provide team support in resources? i.e. have a resource team with members (parent/child relationship)

I often find companies use teams of resources which stay fairly stable. It would be easier to sort work resources into teams and then simply allocate a team instead of each resource individually. The Project database should be able to support this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Color-code Cards from the Sprint Planning Board

Would be awesome to have the capability to color-code Cards (right click with font functions drop-list) from the Sprint Planning Board View. Like most projects, Cards (Features) are moved around from Sprint to Sprint and it would be great to have visual trace-ability to compare to Baseline.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Modern experience in timesheet

The present experience in Timesheet is very painful. We need a better user interface for Timesheet Submission and Approval. I am not giving specific requirement because this is a generic requirement. Microsoft know what is Morden experience. I suggest Microsoft to give focus on providing Modern experience for Timesheets in MS Project. If not immediately at least it should be in Roadmap.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Issues and Risks custom columns in OData Feed

1. we would love to have the Issues and Risks custom columns in OData Feed.
    2. Any custom list at the Project site should be available in OData feed.It would be easy to develop the Power BI report. Although there are ways to achieve it via Passing the Project site URL as function but with 1000 projects, it's very slow since it has to loop through all the sites and lists.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Timeline view adjustable Star-date independently from real Project Start-date

Imagine I have a project which will take two years for completion. Ie, starting 1st January 2019, finishing 31-Dec 2020. When I open the Timeline view, this shows Start and End date as described below. But imagine I am now at the beginning of the second year, this is 1st Jan 2020, I want to be able to remove from my Timeline view everything which has happened during the last year, without having to remove my activities. Example attached, I want to be able the Timeline just to focus on what remains allowing me to change the Start Date to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Insert additional vertical Line(s) like today-line

I like to work with multiple timelines to Show and compare different Scenarios. In the first line i will usually Show Milestones. What i am missing here is an opportunity to add a vertical line the today-line to easier see and compare the Scenarios to the Milestone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In SharePoint Online, sync the Project Notes field to a "multiple lines of text" column

Currently the Notes field from a Project plan syncs to a 'single line of text' column in a SharePoint tasks list which means text is cut off once it reaches the character limit. It would make more sense to sync the Notes field to a 'multiple lines of text' column in the SharePoint tasks list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add the WBS field to the Assignments table

Users would like to add the WBS field to the Assignments views on the schedule PDP in Project Online.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Task board field editing

Enable editing task information directly in taskboard (without need of opening task information dialog window and finding all the fields that should be updated).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create and edit Master Projects in Project Online (PWA)

My organization would find the use of master projects and sub-projects very helpful, but we really only use PWA. It would be very helpful if master and sub-projects could be created and edited in PWA rather than in desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Project Online coding

We are trying to programmatically migrate project templates from one instance of PWA to another. When creating a project template, you have to have the ability to set the ProjectType value to “Template”. The current client side object model only allows you to do a get on ProjectType from Microsoft.ProjectServer.Client.ProjectType but doesn’t allow you to set it. When I create a new project it defaults to Project but I need to have it default to “Template”. Do you or are you aware of any object model that allows both a get and a set on the Project Type?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Project

Feedback and Knowledge Base