Microsoft Project

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s UserVoice site. This is the site for all of your ideas and suggestions for Project Desktop, Project Server, and Project Online.

We look forward to hearing from you!

The Microsoft Project Team
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

How can we improve Project?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deep integration with Microsoft Planner

Imagine this: you create a task in MSProject that requires action from a task owner. You click the Link to Planner button and go through the linking process (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/brismith/2017/08/29/microsoft-planner-linking-plans-to-a-project-task/#comment-48795). But instead of just being a link to the Planner plan, you actually see the task as a card on the plan, with Task Name, Start Date, Finish Date, and Resources all being pulled from MSProject to Planner. And you can add more tasks from MSProject to Planner, each as its own card. You then add this plan to a tab on Teams, and people can go from the…

91 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Project and Task Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Agile boards in PWA

The new agile features added to Project are good for planning. Key aspect of agile is communication in teammembers, so access to the plan/boards for team is very important.
      It can be sufficient just display the boards in project site or in PWA.

22 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Time and Task Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all -

We’re planning on bringing our boards online – but we want to make sure we do it the right way for you all. We started this in the Client, and we’ll be using feedback on the Client boards features to help bring the boards to Project Online.

Please continue leaving feedback on the Project Client boards, and we’ll let you know when this feature is available online!

~J

• Project 2019 and beyond

Hi

Although this is not an idea, it would be nice to know if there are any new developments i.e project online 2019 in the horizon. The announcements blog doesn't work anymore and the net is basically lifeless with respect to any updates.

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Project and Task Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Ability to move tasks up or down with keyboard like Task List

In a SharePoint Task List a user can move a task up or down with the keyboard using "Alt+Shift+Up" and "Alt+Shift+Down" respectively. This should be available in Project as well. The ability to Indent and Outdent are already there.

* From SharePoint Task List Shortcuts
          Insert - Insert
          Indent - Alt+Shift+Right
          Outdent - Alt+Shift+Left
          Move Up - Alt+Shift+Up
          Move Down - Alt+Shift+Down

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Access to multiple PWA instances with Project tile

Scenario for a multinational company with several business entities with only 1 Office 365 tenant.

• As for now, to access any new PWA instance (different from the default PWA instance) through the Office 365 interface,
            1) Tenant administrator has to create a new Custom Tile in the Company Profile in the O365 Admin Center (as described in article "Add custom tiles to the My apps page and app launcher" https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-custom-tiles-to-the-My-apps-page-and-app-launcher-1136115a-75af-4497-b693-640c4ce70bc6?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US and "Customising the App Launcher– Part Two–Custom Tiles" https://epmsource.com/2015/08/02/customising-the-app-launcher-part-twocustom-tiles/)
            2) End-user has to **manually** add the new tile to its App Launcher

• The default Project tile (pointing…

72 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback here – we see that it’s difficult to navigate to the correct PWA instance using the O365 Project button. We’re working on improving this experience so that you can always see the projects that you are meant to, and want to see.

~J

• Office 365 ribbon : change Project link redirection behavior

Scenario for a multinational company with several business entities with only 1 Office 365 tenant.

Scenario : 2 PWA instances for 2 business entities
              - Instance "I1" (Default PWA instance on the tenant) with Admin "A1"
              - Instance "I2" (additional PWA instance created following article https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Set-up-another-Project-Online-site-d44b5a70-3df3-417e-bad8-3021e3a4c896) with Admin "A2"
              - Users from I1 have no access to I2 (and vice-versa).

When connected on any PWA instance (I1 or I2), end-users have a Project link in the Office 365 ribbon. The Project link is always pointing to the DEFAULT PWA instance home page (in our scenario : I1 home page).

20 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback here – we see that it’s difficult to navigate to the correct PWA instance using the O365 Project button. We’re working on improving this experience so that you can always see the projects that you are meant to, and want to see.

We’ll update this status when this is complete!

~J

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base