How can we improve Project?

Ability to convert Risk to an Issue

Presently, there are 2 tabs/pages for a project to log both Risks & Issues. However, there is no feature to convert an existing Risk to Issue which happen most of the times.

When this is available as a feature it becomes easier to see the trail from Risk to Issue and the mitigation's which taken/not taken which caused this risk to convert to an issue.

When this conversion happens the risk should be closed referring to the Issue ID so it also becomes intuitive for the users and will definitely help the project managers and the project teams to manage risks and issues more effectively.

112 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anand Kumar R shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about simply copying a risk to an issue. The risk information should be maintained.

• Shannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of our clients are asking for this. It aligns with the processes like PMI. This would be a great enhancement.

It also help the tool align (enforce) the standard methodologies.

• Ian Bruckner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like it, along with the comments. This helps answer larger organization questions:

1) How are we doing at preventing risks from becoming issues?
        2) What things should we be paying more attention to as potential risks (issues that popped up without having been considered a risk)?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a good feature to have it natively. But meanwhile, a SharePoint designer workflow can cover this requirement.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Question for Stephen: do you see risks and issues as being in the same list? I typically have them in separate lists (Risk Register list and Issue Tracker list).

• Stephen Sanderlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that this is a good idea, but I would like to see an option for the original risk stay open since it's possible for a risk to manifest more than once during the course of a project.

Agree with Joe's comment that it would be nice to have a new status for converted risks (I would even prefer the terminology "promoted" instead of "converted"), but think it would be better if it simply added the new issue as a related item instead of referencing it as a string somewhere.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if after you click the "Convert Risk to Issue" button, the status of the risk automatically changes to "Converted to Issue" and provided an Issue ID link to follow the trail.

Feedback and Knowledge Base