How can we improve Project?

Allow Administrators to modify the Status Manager without requiring manual intervention from the resource who created the task.

Currently, a status manager must log in to Project Server in order to update the status manager for a task. It would be easier if there was a category or global permission assigned to the Administrators group that would permit someone else to change the value.

141 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AV shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Margaret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use Delegation to add the user to new task, then admin can change the Status Manager field for the resource to any task.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How has this issue not been addressed yet? It's a common complaint and a massive inconvenience to project managers. Microsoft requests feedback and ideas, but doesn't listen or respond?

• jd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be through PWA Admin. As I PWA Admin when I say I can't do this. only PMs should able to do this. People think I don't know how to do this because Admin should be able to do everything. This is weird why they restricted PWA Admin.

• Chris Theg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we please get a response on this? This came up again today because we are using the My Resources view in PWA. There are a bunch of projects included in these views from old project managers. The Owner has changed, but the old Owner is still Status Manager on all the tasks they added and this messes up the dynamic filtering.

• E Krueger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current configuration is unworkable for us - we set up project files initially when we are looking at an entire portfolio of possible projects. Then, when we move projects to actual PMs, they are all set up with the wrong "status manager" and require the new PM to go in and manually change all of them.
        Let's get this fixed. Admin rights would make sense. There's not much use for the Status Manager by the PM anyway.

Feedback and Knowledge Base