How can we improve Project?

Strong portfolio financials

Currently we are very weak in portfolio financials. We need to have capabilities around funding, detailed budgeting, capex and opex cash flows, allocation curves, cost breakdown structure, period financials etc. This is a great way to open the door with key decision makers.

112 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nishanth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is getting close to 100 votes and I hope the product group takes this request seriously

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I start to think that MS doesn't care about loosing customers to other tools like Clarity that does provide this simple functionality.
        I am not sure why this is not being offered!!

• Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought Microsoft is about to release that app this month.
        This will have a huge positive impact on how Project Online stacks against other PPM tools that are offering this relatively easy module.
        Please add this capability as it is urgently needed for lots of my clients and it would increase adoption immensely.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also want to be able to create time-phased reports of project financials, ie, a month-by-month or quarter-by-quarter view of costs associated with each task/ workpackage/ project/ program. Project Pro has this, but it's not easily exported into a report

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Umt360 is what was created to replace the missing financials that MS didn't bring over from PPS.

Feedback and Knowledge Base