How can we improve Project?

Link Custom Fields with SharePoint List

Add an option to link custom field with SharePoint list as lookup table.

in this feature we should have the ability to choose the field name on the selected list.

This will give us the ability to define any addtional info for every entry in the predefined list value.

74 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ahmed Amin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I realize that this cannot work if the user is offline, but that would be acceptable. Even if this feature would be available in the PWA client only.

This feature would be great to have. Our current instance of Project Server, and SharePoint is on the MS 365 platform, and I just finished discussing this option with one of our PMs. It would be nice to have the Team Roster, pull information directly for the Resources in Project Professional.

• Henrik Grundstrom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I just assumed that this was going to be there...
    Has anyone tried to hook it up to a sql and pull the data that way?

• Pratik Nikam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely needed.
    Also, we need a feature to update that custom field from a list workflow.
    Currently only the reverse is possible.

I would also like to access data such as project name and UID to include in custom SharePoint lists and dropdown columns.

I don't know why, but I just assumed this would be there. I was surprised that this is a question.

• Riz Ansari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want to create invoices in sharepoint where in project code from custom fields in PWA is picked up.

• DSmall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree , I would like to access data such as project name and UID to include in custom lists.

• Ved Mishra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly recommended. This will provide us more flexibility of maintain data in SP and Project Online.

• Jesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be extremely helpful to display Enterprise Custom Fields (ECFs) on the project sites.

Similarly, this can be applied for a testing department or inspection department where test/inspection requests are originated in a SharePoint list but need to refer back to the Project Name so that the technician knows where to find the correct task in the timesheet.

This feature would be immensely beneficial for interoperability between Project and Visio

• Scott Helmers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly agree. I have custom fields in my Enterprise Projects and want to include those fields in the SharePoint list.

Feedback and Knowledge Base