How can we improve Project?

sync with Outlook tasks

88 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Derrick Hendrickson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this capability doesn't exist; but then again, we're talking Microsoft - break what works, "fix" what no one cares about

• Tomasz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Truly disappointing - unable to move the tasks from Project to the Outlook, it's like being blind.
    Can this be changed please!?

MS Project automatically sync to Outlook option 100% please. Once Tasks are in Outlook I'm running

• MTT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't, for the life of me, understand why MS Project wouldn't automatically sync with outlook, or at least provide the option to automatically create an outlook task each time a project task is created. What is the point of a project planner when it doesn't act as an efficiency tool? I don't want to have to enter a task into each program separately.

Needs to be done. Frankly, anything would be a start, even just being able to retrieve ICS or CalDAV

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute must. It's quite bizarre that two Office 365 products that have calendaring & task functions are unable to interact. It’s even more bizarre that the button to sync Project Online to Outlook is still there, but greyed out.

Are these 2 products both Microsoft? Sure they should sync together - it would make sense and make life a whole lot easier.

• William Bush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be he number 1 priority for the product. The inability to sync Project Online with Outlook is a scheduling headache we could all do without.
    Was there before why take it away and just leave the button greyed out! Please re-establish asap

• Bob Pettersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality needs to be re-established. In prior versions, the approach was to enable users to view and update all tasks, project, SharePoint tasklist and personal, in Outlook and Exchange. Also, this should capability should apply to other app such as Planner and Team

Feedback and Knowledge Base