How can we improve Project?

Team Resource management in Resource Center

The Team Resource function simply doesn't work as one would expect in the Resource Center.

When I work with teams as a resource manager, I expect to see the work demand on my team (Team Resource assigned to tasks) as well as the committed work on each individual team member (Work Resource in the Team Resource). That way, I can:

1) Balance the workload and prioritize which tasks should be assigned first from Team to Work Resource

2) If I have teams across the organization, I can demand plan over the next few years and create scenarios in a simple manner without having to check every box for every single resource I want to include!

When a Team Resource is assigned to tasks:
- Team Resource will not show up in Capacity Planning section; no workload and not even a capacity line
- Team Resource will however show up in Resource Assignments section, which makes it even more confusing

If I wasn't clear; I would like to be able to use the Team Resource similarly as a Work Resource with the *option* to use the sum of Capacity and Availability from its team members when looking at Capacity Planning/Resource Utilization, etc.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →