How can we improve Project?

Option to control Enterprise Custom Fields (ECFs) in Project Pro from Project Server/Online

There are possibilities today to make project ECFs mandatory and even lock them down for edit after completion with the help of the workflow feature.

But no matter how much ECFs can be locked for editing in Project Server/Online, a user can always edit project ECFs without restrictions in Project Professional when connected to Server/Online. This destroys the whole concept of governance and control of the data if you don't want Project Pro users to be able to edit certain project ECFs - especially when using workflow to mirror a project methodology/process.

Please provide an option in PWA settings to restrict editing (on a per field basis) of project ECFs in Project Professional.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RobertRobert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JeffersonJefferson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more with this request. As a consultant for PMOs this request always come up. And I always have to explain how Project Pro is a back door that I can't lock down. Or at least I have yet to find a way.

MS, there is a huge pool of opportunity here by being able to close this gap!

Feedback and Knowledge Base