How can we improve Project?

microsoft teams

I would like to have Project Web App in Microsoft Teams.

27 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Natã Melo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ian Bruckner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each project should be a team, and the project site should be subsumed by a timesite... keeping functionality like the pdp, schedule / timeline, notebooks, and document library, but adding things like being able to have some materials just for the core project team, but also being able to engage a much larger group of stakeholders within the context of the project as well. IE... some chat messages are just for the eyes of the team doing the work, while some chats / announcements are much more wide scale. It would also be nice to have planner plans relate to certain project tasks to allow team members to plot out there work that doesn't quite rise to the level of needing to be in the ms project plan, just represented as a summary task, but still should maintain the relationship to the project, but all in the context of a single project.

• Mario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Microsoft Project Team. We need better integration of SharePoint Project Sites in Teams. We cant use Team-Sites, because our point of reference are Project Sites, and this is where our communication and collaboration focused. Teams are loosely-coupled and defined implicitly by users assigned to Projects.

• Bas van der Wielen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most important part is to replace the current project site with O365 Team sites, but I fully agree with the ideas of Stephani, that would make it very strong

• Martin Griffiths commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to give a visual representation of all future projects i.e. from the projects view in project online to my team in MS Teams. If we can then link to the individual projects within teams even better.

• Trutz-Sebastian Stephani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A good thing would be to replace the current project site with a O365 Team and related Teams site. Then have a tab that shows the project timeline. Also a task list tab with links between Planner plans and Project Tasks visible and clickable. And integrate project tasks, planner tasks and ToDo tasks in Teams. Also links back from Project Online to Teams would be helpful in order to provide a seamless navigation.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of my projects involve creating documents (Word or PowerPoint files). My project plan outlines the process (create draft 1, review draft 1, adjudicate comments, create draft 2, etc). In Teams, I would like for users to be able to view the project plan in a tab across the top, then click on a link that takes them right to the document (in Teams), and then they could go back to the project plan tab and mark their task "Complete".

• Jay Dellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add Teams to existing Project SharePoint sites. This would provide team members to use the Teams UI with traditional Project SP site as the backend data, structure and integration we are use to.

• Christopher Pond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Push a task from Project to create a new plan in Planner so individuals can create their own work
        Unclear what data you would pull back from Planner - number of tasks? not started, in-progress, completed? There's no correlation between a Planner task and a Project task as a Planner task doesn't have to have start/end dates. Need to work on some good user stories.

• Naoki Kato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I expect that Teams will be able to associate the following items with the task of the project.
        · documents
        · Issues and risks
        · Chat thread

In addition, I think that it will be useful to be able to automatically create Teams instead of project sites when publishing projects. At that time, it is best that project team members are automatically registered as members of Teams.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integration of PWA and Planner into Teams is natural development of the tools. Project success and failure is very dependent on communication and anything that improves communications within the project team is good.

The more integrated Project/PWA with tools like Planner and Teams, the more the project team can stay head-down in the project and not risk losing focus.

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since MS Planner is so weak in its integration and limits I need a way to manage all our projects! Planners limit of 250 tasks per user is unrealistic.

Feedback and Knowledge Base