How can we improve Project?

microsoft teams

I would like to have Project Web App in Microsoft Teams.

49 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Natã Melo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Josh Childs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are some really good ideas below. From a user experience perspective with the advent of teams the best case scenario I can think of is allowing all of the project team work to occur through Teams (Communication, documentation, task completion/updating, time carding, etc.) and the project and portfolio management tasks like reporting, overall scheduling, and resource management being done centrally through PWA that require a broader view of the rest of the work going on in the environment. It would also be useful if at the end of a project the content that only exists in Teams (like chat content and any video calls recorded etc, could get archived with the project site.) In essence the team would replace the traditional project site.

• Paul Danforth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a Project is created in PWA with it's own project site, an Office 365 group should be created and use the same Sharepoint site also any project conversations are linked into Outlook. When the group/ project is connected to Teams then it could use the benefits of both tools, i.e. timelines, tasks, risks and also the ease of access of teams, chat and collaboration on documents. If project progress, milestones and tasks, Timesheet, risks etc where view able in Teams, maybe as an App or Tab, then it would make for an easy interface to the Project information.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to have the conversation feature as in Teams is the biggest ask from my project teams. I don't know if that means being able to convert or update/upgrade the sharepoint sites to the modern versions that are more aligned with the Teams integration or bring the Teams discussion into SharePoint.

project should be available within the taps app list...( where project mgt from other are already!)

• jla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to connect a modern SharePoint team site (connected to O365 group) to a Project Online project. I can then connect that O365 group to my team. Really simple, requires work on your end to update the Project Online SharePoint templates.

Current experience is VERY old hat.

• Kamal Kant Paliwal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to create a team in MS Teams whenever I create project in Project Online. This integration should use project workspace (Project Site) created by PWA not by MS Teams so that all project related artifacts and structure I want to leverage from PWA. Allows user to subscribe events to get news feeds from Project Online like whenever new task is created or updated, added new team member or task ownership is changed, or task status etc.
        Also allows user to see a kanban dashboard as a Teams tab for a project

In chat window have some action buttons to facilitates PM to assign task, update task and other daily routine work from chat window itself.

• Gary Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see a connector from MS Teams to MS Project to upload the project plan. Pull in the similar functionality as Smartsheet, but with better import functionality and allow tasks to integrate with Planner by drag and drop or a right click drop down menu, auto-filling the task name(s) with the dates and resources from the MS Project plan.

• Ian Bruckner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each project should be a team, and the project site should be subsumed by a timesite... keeping functionality like the pdp, schedule / timeline, notebooks, and document library, but adding things like being able to have some materials just for the core project team, but also being able to engage a much larger group of stakeholders within the context of the project as well. IE... some chat messages are just for the eyes of the team doing the work, while some chats / announcements are much more wide scale. It would also be nice to have planner plans relate to certain project tasks to allow team members to plot out there work that doesn't quite rise to the level of needing to be in the ms project plan, just represented as a summary task, but still should maintain the relationship to the project, but all in the context of a single project.

• Mario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Microsoft Project Team. We need better integration of SharePoint Project Sites in Teams. We cant use Team-Sites, because our point of reference are Project Sites, and this is where our communication and collaboration focused. Teams are loosely-coupled and defined implicitly by users assigned to Projects.

• Bas van der Wielen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most important part is to replace the current project site with O365 Team sites, but I fully agree with the ideas of Stephani, that would make it very strong

• Martin Griffiths commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to give a visual representation of all future projects i.e. from the projects view in project online to my team in MS Teams. If we can then link to the individual projects within teams even better.

• Trutz-Sebastian Stephani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A good thing would be to replace the current project site with a O365 Team and related Teams site. Then have a tab that shows the project timeline. Also a task list tab with links between Planner plans and Project Tasks visible and clickable. And integrate project tasks, planner tasks and ToDo tasks in Teams. Also links back from Project Online to Teams would be helpful in order to provide a seamless navigation.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of my projects involve creating documents (Word or PowerPoint files). My project plan outlines the process (create draft 1, review draft 1, adjudicate comments, create draft 2, etc). In Teams, I would like for users to be able to view the project plan in a tab across the top, then click on a link that takes them right to the document (in Teams), and then they could go back to the project plan tab and mark their task "Complete".

• Jay Dellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add Teams to existing Project SharePoint sites. This would provide team members to use the Teams UI with traditional Project SP site as the backend data, structure and integration we are use to.

• Christopher Pond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Push a task from Project to create a new plan in Planner so individuals can create their own work
        Unclear what data you would pull back from Planner - number of tasks? not started, in-progress, completed? There's no correlation between a Planner task and a Project task as a Planner task doesn't have to have start/end dates. Need to work on some good user stories.

• Naoki Kato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I expect that Teams will be able to associate the following items with the task of the project.
        · documents
        · Issues and risks
        · Chat thread

In addition, I think that it will be useful to be able to automatically create Teams instead of project sites when publishing projects. At that time, it is best that project team members are automatically registered as members of Teams.

• Damon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. I'd like to see a project publish be able to create a Team
        2. I'd like to see a sync when a user is added to a project so they are added to the Team
        3. I'd like to see some logic to display business intelligence data from the schedules to a team channel. For example, perhaps generating a daily channel post indicating the number of late tasks, due tasks, risks or issues.
        4. I'd like to see automated reminder notifications based on the user that logs into teams. Something like, you're timesheet for this week is due, or you're over-allocated next week.

Integration of PWA and Planner into Teams is natural development of the tools. Project success and failure is very dependent on communication and anything that improves communications within the project team is good.

The more integrated Project/PWA with tools like Planner and Teams, the more the project team can stay head-down in the project and not risk losing focus.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base