How can we improve Project?

New Features like Agile and Planner integration not available on Terminal Server

It is not possible to use the new features like Agile boards and Planner integration in a terminal services environment, even if the Project client is patched to the latest version using click-to-run via the Office Deployment tool. To provide Project quickly to a lot of users especially during ramp-up situations (Proof of concept, Office migration, etc...), it would be highly beneficial to add this capability.

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Trutz-Sebastian Stephani shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terminal Server and Citrix server setups have been an issue for a long time. I've previously struggled with Citrix the most. The situation would be that Project would reside in a certain bubble (I don't know the technical term here) and Excel would be in a different bubble. Then, if I wanted to create a visual report WinProj would not be able to locate Excel. The only way to create that report would be by creating a Cub file and then opening the Cub file with the Excel Report templates.

I can imagine it's a similar situation here with Planner, Project and Terminal Server.

Feedback and Knowledge Base