How can we improve Project?

I want to give the tasks in the Agile board different colours

On the backlog I would like to be able to give different colours to different tasks.

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alexander Kraijenoord shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Alexander!

How would you want to give tasks different colors? Would you want to choose this yourself, or would you want it to be programmatic?

Thanks for the suggestion – we’ve been investigating it a little, but would love to hear your thoughts on what you’d expect/want from this!

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also like this idea a lot, however: In my opinion the colors should be linked to a status or other field. If the colors are completely random this would be a big issue (like it is on Gantt charts). The colors should be chosen by using a real thought process instead of just "oh let's make Dave's tasks red".

• Alexander Kraijenoord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi
    I would like to choose the colour myself. For example, to give each team member it's own colour, or to group the tasks by subject in one colour.

That seems easy and low-level to me... looks most like a physical board with different memo's :-)

Feedback and Knowledge Base