Microsoft Project

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Project Desktop, Project Server, and Project Online. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!

The Microsoft Project Team

How can we improve Project?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add quick task progress update buttons to Tasks page

Make the buttons that mark a task as 0/25/50/75/100% complete under Tasks->Editing on the Project Schedule ribbon are available on the ribbon from the Tasks page for Task Owners to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Column Formulas

This is regarding the construction industry.

We have overall project quantities. As I build the schedule I adjust the duration of task items to meet contract dead lines.
    I have a "daily Production quantity" column. I would like to just insert a formula to auto calculate this column as I update/change the duration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. El Centro de Recursos puede mejorar

Me parece que el centro de recursos es una aplicación que puede mejorar considerablemente, por ejemplo, que no se requiera seleccionar a los recursos del Centro de Recursos para identificar todas las solicitudes de Recursos que hay disponibles para la gestión de proyectos.
    Adicional a ello, si actualizo la página de solicitudes de recurso, todas las solicitudes que tenía en el tablero, desaparecen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Grouping Question

Hi All,

I have almost 50 projects and trying to group them as per finish dates (MONTHLY INTERVALS) and I can't get the right formula to get this working. I know I already can group the projects based on finish dates, but I need to have monthly groups. Can anyone please help?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable the project Owner and Administrators (those with higher controls) to update project tasks from the PWA

It would be great if there was a see all project tasks view in the PWA, if you're a project owner/adminstrator, and update the projects with the percentage and with notes, like the assignee can. This would be great for maintaining updates, especially if in a time-sensitive and more collaborative environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Integrate a discussion feature that can be related to each task/deliverable

It'd be great to be able to have a discussion about each task and/or turn a discussion into a task/deliverable. This way the task can be discussed in detail, it will be more collaborative, and the details discussed can be retained without having to rehash the information all over again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide updates from the schedule view that will show up in a aggregate summary in Project Server from all tasks

It'd be great to be able to do a time-stamped quick update from the schedule view that will aggregate in Project Server or in Project where I can pull a report of updates since the last report. This would be great for me to review the status of the project overall. Currently, it's laborious to update the notes and it's not even possible for me to do quick updates, when I do verbal check-ins with my resources.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create link families

Some links are irrevocable
    Some are strategic

It would be nice to be able to hide the irrevocables and to be able to easily identify and modify the strategic links.

Example: it is impossible to install false ceilings and / or false floors without having made the support beforehand. (Irrevocable)
    It is impossible to install the false ceiling at the same time as the false floor but they can be done in iver way... there is a strategic link to make...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow multiple colors to differentiate nonworking days. Color 1 for weekends; color 2 for Holidays; color 3 for Inclement Weather; etc.

As a Construction Company, differentiating between various nonworking days with different colors would be a huge advantage over seeing all nonworking days as one color. We need a color for normal nonworking weekends; another color for weekends that must be changed to normal work days; another color for company holidays; another color for Owner specific holidays; another color to indicate the historical inclement weather days for each geographic location of the project; another color for Excessive Inclement Weather Days --- this will help with Time Extension Requests ---

Being able to select different colors for nonworking days just as we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I cannot use anything in microsoft project even though I have a subscription to Project Online Premium

Hope you clarify on what I can use and not use. It has been very confusing to owe a subscription but no access to any features. I am not able to do anything from there and have tried learning from microsoft and other sources..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Personnalisation des champs (importer les ressources du Project Server 2016)

Bonjour,

Personnaliser un champs comme celui du 'propiètaire' "champs crée par défaut sur Project Server".Dès que je clique sur parcourir il m'affiche tous les ressources saisi dans Project Server.

Merci.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. new version of project online such as project lite

Create a third, cheaper tier, for people who just want basic access to project management features, that will cost anywhere from $5 to $12 monthly as opposed to the current $30.

Make project lite compete with the other alternatives out, and something simliar to combining microsoft teams & planner into 1 combined service. And integrate that into all office 365 services.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. while going for a printout, i am not able to adjust columns of details with the timeline or critical pathgraph

while going for a printout, i am not able to adjust data columns of detail with the graph. it should happen automatically when going for printout. it will give a consolidated report in which project details and timeline and critical path graphs go together. every time i have to reduce width of data columns to make them visible in printout. it is also getting difficult to include all relevant columns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. stakeholders managment

Enterprise Project should have a list to catalog stakeholders and their contact information to enable better comunication and managment (Identify, Assess, Prioritize, Engage and Monitor)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How to Update Actual OvertimeWorkBillable in project Professional

Please suggest how to update "How to Update Actual OvertimeWorkBillable in project Professional"

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring Power BI and Excel Web Services into Government cloud so that reports can be dynamic.

These feature are available commercially. There's no published timeline for bringing these into compliance for Government.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Project

Feedback and Knowledge Base