Microsoft Project

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Project Desktop, Project Server, and Project Online. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!

The Microsoft Project Team

1. Integrate with staffHUb

If project online worked with StaffHUb this would revolutionise​ this product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include custom, work and duration fields in the column choices for a project site task list

I'd like my team to have a task view that shows them assignments and due dates, as well as items like Actual Work and Remaining Work. The work fields are not available on the out of the box task list that is generated when publishing to a project site. It would be helpful to also include custom fields and duration fields.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In the Project Center views the associated Sharepoint sites can be displayed.

In the Project Center views the associated Sharepoint sites can be displayed.
    You can create views of the Project Center where you can add a field with the URL and the link to the Sharepoint site associated with the corresponding project. In this way you can create views to easily identify and filter the sites to which we want to access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sum value is not displaying on the Sharepoint list with advanced feature

I tried enabling display sum value for the custom list for the manual entry number type fields but the Sum values are not showing up on the list with new feature. But I can see them when changed back to the classic experience. May I know Is this a product issue? or do I need make any changes to see the Sum value with advanced feature?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If a user has been acting as a delegate for a prolonged period of time (say 12 hours), the system should automatically close that delegate s

If a user has been acting as a delegate for a prolonged period of time (say 12 hours), the system should automatically close that delegate session. If the delegate session remains and the delegated resource is inactivated, the user who is acting as a delegate loses access to PjO until that delegated resource is reactivated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide the ability to close an entire project for time entry with one click.

Provide the ability to close an entire project for time entry with one click.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When I Email/Skype about WBS item. please include contextural info (or hyperlink) automatically.

PROJECT 2016 (ANY): I want to Email/Skype someone a WBS element and include all the contextural info (or hyperlink) automatically, so when I ask if WBS item 1.C.1 is complete, the recipient automatically knows what I am talking about. This would be great for reconciling WBS to action items with users who don't update on-time. PM can just go thru the project and do ad-hoc notifications.
    Applicable to all MS-Office, shared XLS, PPT files for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Project for marketeers (CMO org)

I have been using Project and Project online for 24 month, dor execute, plan, report on internal investments / activities for our Marketing plan. All functionalities are there to realy be able to build a cross execution planning within an organisation such ouers, and many others. I have met with clients, who have similar problems, with alot of plans handled on diferent planning structures. I have suggestions for Project / project onlin / Planner, which could be a really successfull tool for building / executing / internal information / reporting for Marketing and cross company planning.I would love to share…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Task ID in Timesheet views

Task ID in Timesheet views.

Put "Task ID" into list of "available fields" in the timesheet views. Right now there is "Unique ID", but that is not the "Task ID" as most people see on the whole project schedule. Unique ID is not sequential.

We would use "Task ID" in timesheet to sequence the activities to be in the same sequence as shown in the Project schedule.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dynamic Gantt Creation Based Upon Project Scoping Via Fields

Rather than have dozens of new project templates, use data fields on a "New Project" form (selection values, binary values, etc...) to allow a base Gantt to be dynamically modified during the creation of a new project. Examples: Project X is for "Customer A", so we need to add tasks/deliverables to the Gantt. Project Y product features include abc, and require FCC hardening, therefore add related tasks/deliverables to the Gantt.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add quick task progress update buttons to Tasks page

Make the buttons that mark a task as 0/25/50/75/100% complete under Tasks->Editing on the Project Schedule ribbon are available on the ribbon from the Tasks page for Task Owners to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Column Formulas

This is regarding the construction industry.

We have overall project quantities. As I build the schedule I adjust the duration of task items to meet contract dead lines.
    I have a "daily Production quantity" column. I would like to just insert a formula to auto calculate this column as I update/change the duration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. El Centro de Recursos puede mejorar

Me parece que el centro de recursos es una aplicación que puede mejorar considerablemente, por ejemplo, que no se requiera seleccionar a los recursos del Centro de Recursos para identificar todas las solicitudes de Recursos que hay disponibles para la gestión de proyectos.
    Adicional a ello, si actualizo la página de solicitudes de recurso, todas las solicitudes que tenía en el tablero, desaparecen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Grouping Question

Hi All,

I have almost 50 projects and trying to group them as per finish dates (MONTHLY INTERVALS) and I can't get the right formula to get this working. I know I already can group the projects based on finish dates, but I need to have monthly groups. Can anyone please help?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable the project Owner and Administrators (those with higher controls) to update project tasks from the PWA

It would be great if there was a see all project tasks view in the PWA, if you're a project owner/adminstrator, and update the projects with the percentage and with notes, like the assignee can. This would be great for maintaining updates, especially if in a time-sensitive and more collaborative environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Integrate a discussion feature that can be related to each task/deliverable

It'd be great to be able to have a discussion about each task and/or turn a discussion into a task/deliverable. This way the task can be discussed in detail, it will be more collaborative, and the details discussed can be retained without having to rehash the information all over again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide updates from the schedule view that will show up in a aggregate summary in Project Server from all tasks

It'd be great to be able to do a time-stamped quick update from the schedule view that will aggregate in Project Server or in Project where I can pull a report of updates since the last report. This would be great for me to review the status of the project overall. Currently, it's laborious to update the notes and it's not even possible for me to do quick updates, when I do verbal check-ins with my resources.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create link families

Some links are irrevocable
    Some are strategic

It would be nice to be able to hide the irrevocables and to be able to easily identify and modify the strategic links.

Example: it is impossible to install false ceilings and / or false floors without having made the support beforehand. (Irrevocable)
    It is impossible to install the false ceiling at the same time as the false floor but they can be done in iver way... there is a strategic link to make...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Project

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base