Project Online Desktop Client

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum for Project Online Desktop Client!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Project Desktop, Project Server, and Project Online.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team

1. Portuguese error there are several versions

In the MS Project View tab, in the "Resource Views" group we have a huge translation error. Resource "Views" are described, the correct being Resource Views.

Erro de português há várias versões

Na Guia Exibir do MS Project desktop, no grupo "Visãos de Recurso" temos um erro enorme de tradução. Está descrito "Visãos" de recurso sendo que o correto, seria, Visões de Recurso.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-save needed

I have grown so accustom to my Office documents auto-saving when saved to cloud storage that I forget to manually save do this with working with Project. This has caused a lot of lost work for me.
    Remember to save should be a figment of the past.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Update MSP linked task directly from planner with start and finish + % complete data

When I open MSP my task that is linked to planner should automatically update with the earliest start date & latest finish date from all tasks in planner and maybe a % complete

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. timeline formatting

Allow more formatting of timeline bar contents. Such as: alternate task names to be able to shorten from task names used on GANT view (ie. default Task Name but support an Abbreviated name in timeline bar when too short).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Import and export Bar formats

Allow the option to copy and paste custom Bar formats, between project files, either as a copy and paste function between two project files(which isnt possible at the momnent) or as as eperate import and export function.
    Currently i have a Project template set up with the custom bar styles in but if we receive a programme from an extrenal source then I have to add these custom bar styles manully every time. Custom bar styles are used to indentify quickly different stages of a project, and to add some corperate indentity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. zoom

Enable Multi-Year Timeline Zoom

For long-term projects it would be great to be able to zoom out further to quarters/years.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Integrate MS Project with MS Teams

It would be useful to me as the single PROJECT license owner in the company to be able to share a "read-only" view of the project with my team. This would be useful to do through a Microsoft Teams tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Microsoft Project Professional Desktop available on MacOS

Could you please consider to make Microsoft Project Professional Desktop available on MacOS ?

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Do not limit number of Timeline Bars

Currently Timeline has a limit of only allowing ten bars. I need several dozen and this varies from project to project. Please do not limit the number of timeline bars I can create.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Quick link Forward and BACKWARD from a Constrained Task Date

Hi, I want to quickly link tasks Forward and Backward from a task that has a Date Constraint.
    Quick linking forward (FS) from the Date Constrained task is easy with the Link button in the Schedule field on the ribbon.
    BUT, I want to also quickly link like this Reverse/Backwards (SF) from the same Date Constrained task.

Idea being that I change the Date Constraint date and all the tasks before and after that task move with it.

If there was a Link Reverse button that worked like the current Link Forward button that would be awesome!

Please help as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Timeline Task Colors to Match the colors on the Gantt Chart.

Currently, I'm able to automatically color a task bar in the Gantt chart according to the resource group, albeit that processes could be simplified as well. When viewing in Timeline the task color is set to a light blue. It would be excellent if there was an option to set the color of the Timeline bar to match the color of the Gantt chart bar for the associated task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Timeline Task Colors to Match the colors on the Gantt Chart.

Currently, I'm able to automatically color a task bar in the Gantt chart according to the resource group, albeit that processes could be simplified as well. When viewing in Timeline the task color is set to a light blue. It would be excellent if there was an option to set the color of the Timeline bar to match the color of the Gantt chart bar for the associated task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a kanban view based on status

Need a new view based on existing data in kanban form to be able to update tasks status and the dates (actual start and actual finish)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Excel Features

Incorporate more Excel features. For example, Zoom to Selection so the selected range of cells fill the entire screen, and Freeze Panes which freezes a portion of the sheet to keep it visible while you scroll through the rest of the sheet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Portfolio Features

For starters have a new field called "Portfolio" that you can enter the name of the Portfolio. Also, the ability to have a Portfolio project plan template that automatically calls in the defined related sub-projects.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. link task or shortcut of task and partially edit link MS PROJECT

For example I have project "build house"... and I need excavate in many different stages / situation through the one construction project

"excavate and remove trees, excavate and prevent flooding, exc road, exc footings, exc underground services, exc landscape... + disposal dirt, move material from xy to spoil heaps, .....

Problem is I can not link tasks and share variables that will be linked for repeated tasks. And If I will raise price, or change any custom column in task..... than I need manually update all excavation other tasks. Unfortunately there is no exist any simple solution for this... It…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Link ADO Start and Target Dates to Project Start and Finish Dates

The "Team" plugin allows users to export Azure DevOps work items into Excel and Project. Exports into Excel include Start and Target dates from ADO, yet the exports into Project do not. Other fields such as Iteration Path export perfectly. Start and End dates are the most fundamental project/work/task management data elements....can we please add them to the export for Project to achieve parity with Excel?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Display Table Name clear

Same as view name displayed in left side of screen. when table changed it is better to display table name in screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. save task to outlook calendar

there should be a by default option to export to outlook or not for each task or summery task so that alert easy we get in outlook easier to follow the project plan.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Project Online Desktop Client

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base