Project Online Desktop Client

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum for Project Online Desktop Client!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Project Desktop, Project Server, and Project Online.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team

1. Last updated time gaps for the baseline plan

When you saved the baseline plan in Project online, the last updated date/time may be different than actual time. Some fields in Project online can be displayed in PST, but when you create and save the item in JST, this might cause 17 hours difference somehow. I would like you to fix this time zone issue because this may cause confuses for users who use Project together.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back Integration to Azure Devops

The integration between MS Project and Azure Devops was very useful. While the improved Excel integration with Devops is welcome, it does not make up for the deprecation of the Devops integration with Project. Please bring the integration back!

Getting more apps for project and task management of Project Desktop, Project Online, PWA, Project for the Web, Devops, Planner, and ToDo with less integration is the wrong direction! The right direction is a common data model for projects and tasks which can be exposed through an appropriate UI.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Project Professional: Improve the behavior with smart tag

Doing the following in Project Professional makes preset duration be 0d
    1. Create an automatically-scheduled task
    2. Set the task duration (for example: 3 days)
    3. Add one resources to the project
    4. In the task type filed, change Fixed Work to Fixed Duration (at this stage, work hour is calculated automatically: 24h (8h × 3d))
    5. Change work hour from 24h to 0h (at this time the smart tag is shown on the task name)
    6. Open the smart tag and select Level without changing the end date of the project
    7. Save file
    8. Open the saved file.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Integrate Azure DevOps Services with Project

It should be possible to connect projects/milestones/tasks in Project Online with projects/work items in Azure DevOps Services.

Updates to work items in Azure DevOps should update connected tasks/milestones in Project, while it should be possible to drill down to see details.

This is needed to ensure that our MS-powered enterprise tooling, (including ADO for DevOps teams, and Project for PPM), is integrated and kept up-to-date in an automated way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Assignment usage visual report - custom fields not included in the report

It seems to be a bug that hinders a new template report of "Assignment usage" to not include selected custom fields, such as "Number 1" of Tasks and "Number 1" of Resources.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable using symbols when creating a hierarchal task

If you use "#" at the top of task name when you have hierarchal tasks, sub tasks won’t be shown under the task name. when you remove "#" from the task name, this would successfully display hierarchal sub tasks, so please enable using symbols in the task name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Добавить возможность автоматической подгрузки данных из списков Sharepoint в PWA

Добавить возможность автоматической подгрузки данных из списков Sharepoint в PWA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Grant project access differently even within the same channel

I would like to grant a project access to specific members within the team. Currently every member in the team can access and view the project in the channel, but I would like to grant the access to specific members for the selected project. How can we achieve that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. one-to-one task integration between MS Project and MS Planner

Could be very useful have a true integration between MS Project and MS Planner: if PM create a new task in MS Project Online, integration tool would create same task in MS planner with same, owner, same duration, same date...and if owner mark completed it in MS planner, also task in MS project must be marked completed automatically!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Input or change metadata directly on Project Central without entering a specific project

Most of the database have a way to enter or change metadata on the high level view.

In MS Project Central, we need to enter the specific project, go to project details, edit, update, ... checkin.

This would be faster to stay at the list of project on central, checkout, change or input metadata directly in the table ( view ) and checkin all projects that are checked out.
    Allowing to do copy and paste in the paste would be even better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Grant user access at task-level

You can grant user access at project-level currently. However, I would like to control access at task-level. Specifically, I would like to control who in the project group can access which task.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Weather API add in for risk

Hello my class Professor said there is a way to add weather into Project 2019. Would you need a API key to a weather server, or is this part of Microsoft Project? Construction Projects are weather dependent.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Calculation of Overallocation by Week, Month, Quarter not Just By Day

I'd like to be able to see if a resource is overallocated at weekly rollup level. For example on standard 40 hour week, I might allocate them varying work across days in the week and allow them to self manage their time. I want to see that I haven't allocated them >40 hours of work in total for the whole week - I don't care if a particulare day has 9 hours not 8 hours.

It appears Project flags a resource as overallocated by calculating their daily allocations - if even just one day is over-allocated, then that resource will…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Highlight changed dates when task type changed

When a task type is changed and this results in different dates for that task, these changed dates are not highlighted as changed cells.

This request is asking for those cells to be highlighted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow Timeline Task Colors to Match the colors on the Gantt Chart.

Currently, I'm able to automatically color a task bar in the Gantt chart according to the resource group, albeit that processes could be simplified as well. When viewing in Timeline the task color is set to a light blue. It would be excellent if there was an option to set the color of the Timeline bar to match the color of the Gantt chart bar for the associated task.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make operations in tables like Excel, sum, mean, count for marked cells and for the entire columns

Frequently I need to know some sums or counts or means about a group of cells or as a column and it is not possible unless you export data to Excel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PWA Resource Center Availability views should be stated in FTEs not hours

Provide the ability to view in PWA Resource Center the number of FTEs needed by month, rather than total hours. FTEs are easier for the business to consume when looking at a large Resource group. The very first thing a user needs to do when looking at hours is to convert to 'how many people' are we talking about. We already know total work required, and we already know total resource capacity, we just need to know how many FTES.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move multiple bars simultaneously

This one is so simple, I'm surprised it is not the top feature request ;)

I basically just want to be able to:

A: Select multiple tasks, and drag them on the timeline simultaneously

or

B: Drag the parent task, and all the subtasks will move accordingly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change display name in add/remove programs

Project Online Desktop Client is displayed as Microsoft Project Professional 2016 - en-us in the add/programs list. It would be great to rename Project Online Desktop Client differently than the standalone Project Professional 2016. Please display the correct version being installed to help differentiate the two versions and make software inventory easier to track what computer has what version of Project installed. I reported this to Microsoft as a bug and they specified it was by design. I do not know why this is by design for Project while Visio distinguishes the two (standalone and subscription) by having a different…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Saving a project file as a PDF on a mapped drive causes MS Project to freeze

MS Project freezes when trying to save a project as a PDF to a mapped drive. After trying to solve this issue the microsoft premier support informed me that this behavior is by design with following statement:

The behavior is by design, and triggered by the latency of the connection with the Network Drive. (10ms+)

As a workaround we need to save the PDF locally and move it to the mapped drive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Project Online Desktop Client

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base