Project Online Desktop Client

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum for Project Online Desktop Client!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Project Desktop, Project Server, and Project Online.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team

1. Shamsi Calendar in MSP 2019

Shamsi Calendar in MSP 2019
    Hi there,
    Would you please answer this question?
    I was wondering that if Jalali Calendar (other names: Persian/Solar/Shamsi calendar) is added to Microsoft Project 2019.

Microsoft has already added Shamsi Calendar into Windows 10 and Excell 2016 ; but it was not added to MSP 2016

Regards

P.S.: I mean calendars in the following directory: File menu > Options > Display > Calendar > Calendar Type

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open up MS Project Plan(s) availability to German freelance profesionals

MS Project Plans (e.g. "Project Plan 1") for freelance professionals in Germany are not available, meaning we can only purchase a full licence. German freelancers do not have their own PLC / GmbH / PLC, though are registered for VAT. The Licence Arrangement for MS Project Plans Mean that you can only enter into it if you have a company, this excludes a large group of professionals.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Concurrent edit access in Microsoft Project.

It is clear that only one user can be the time plan owner, but we have a case in our company where 3 planners are responsibles to.plan the test cell availability. All of them need to use on file and the work around that we found is not accepted. The work around was for each planner to have their own file and check for the test cell availability in global resource availability time plan. So, there is an urgent need in our company to have concurrent access in Microsoft Project (we are using Project Server).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Get rid of Task Mode completely, Automatically Scheduled for All Tasks

If someone wanted to manually schedule a task, then they might as well use Excel for their schedule. There is no reason for this "feature". For those who are true users of Project, this feature is useless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. background pattern selection issue

When selecting a background pattern, the selector stretches to all screens. See attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automate Workflows

When a task is completed, a notice/e-mail is automatically sent out to team members that their next scheduled task(s) can start. This can help to improve productivity and could possibly be done by using Power Automate to create automatic processes to support day-to-day work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We need conflict popup back.

After an update the popup has gone away. We still get the icon showing the conflict, however the popup was immediate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Timeline is disappeared when we saved the file as template and again opened in my Project desktop client.

I saved the file as Template and again opened it on my Project Desktop Client. When I opened the template, the timeline is disappeared.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide the new-style ribbon for the next update

Please look at the screenshot. See the new-style ribbon in Word? I will need you to make Microsoft Project's ribbon look just like that. :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide the new-style ribbon for the next update

Look at the screenshot. See the new-style ribbon in Microsoft Word? I want you to make Microsoft Project's ribbon look like that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. LINK MS PLANNER AND MS PROJECT !!!!!!!!!!!

MS Project is a robust project management system that is difficult for none project managers to use. MS Planner is a intuitive user friendly project planning and collaboration tool. Combining the two / create a link to communicate work between the two provides the ultimate Project Team Management platform!!!!! We have had to hire a vendor to create this link... if they can do it, MS can do it. We would even pay for the connection!! It has been an amazing way for our business to manage projects because most people who are giving project owner duties wont ever be…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Help file should allow to "pop-out" to a browser, vice staying only in the "Help" window.

Help file should allow to "pop-out" to a browser, vice staying only in the "Help" window. Links, within the Help files, all stay in the Help pane / window. It would be helpful if they were able to open in a browser for the resources available at the Microsoft Project Training / Help site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Color Coding Tasks by Resource Name

It would really help if we could code the task item by resource name. This would significantly improve the work flow and responsiblities of each trade in the calendar view. I use the calendar view to generate a 6 week look ahead for the project and I am limited to 4 colors at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Want to hide the resource units and project cost totals options from external users

We have to ask external users to create projects, but we don’t want to disclose our cost details. So, it would be great if we can hide the resource units and project cost totals options from external users. Currently, if we assigned Project Plan 3 license of our tenant to external users, they can view resource units from their Project client when adding a new view.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Calendar veiw

Using project has been a big help but adding in colour coordination to the calendar view would help with organization and reading of different tasks and days

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Format Task Path third notification

Task path can be traced/highlighted using the format/driven successors function, however the only way to trace through the whole path is visually scanning to identify. There may be hundreds of tasks scattered a large schedule. This is very time consuming and error prone. A filter would be preferred if as well as colour. surely the algorithm can mark in a column as well as highlighting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Opening of Project Files with Project 1

Currently you can not even open an existing Project Plan, even if it is on your one drive with Project 1. What is the point then? With Smartsheets you can load an existing project plan with a cost competitive licence to project 1.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable repeat headers when using the reporting tool to allow for larger tables which extend over 1 page

When using the Project Overview Dashboard in Reports, I found that if a table in the report extends over one page (which was the case for my late tasks table!), the table was just cut in half with no ability to repeat the header on the other page, similar to what you can do in Word and Excel. Projects can be very complex and it seems a bit short-sighted not to allow for more complex projects which can accommodate larger reporting tables.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Resource Leveling using Resource Pool

The idea is to level project by drawing from a pool of resource. For example, I have a group of developers all with the same/similar capabilities but instead of assigning them manually have the software develop the resource plan automatically to minimize project timeline.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the default type of connection between tasks visible in Predecessors.

In our company we have around 300 users and most of them are beginners in Microsoft Project. It is really difficult for a beginner to understand why SS, FF, SF type of connections appear in the Predecessors column, but not the default one, FS. I am an experienced user of Microsoft Project and I understand the logic behind it. But to have the tool buy in of a non manager and not so experienced with the tool I think the logic of the tool should change. Please make the FS type of connection visible in the Predecessors column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Project Online Desktop Client

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base