Project Online Desktop Client

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum for Project Online Desktop Client!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Project Desktop, Project Server, and Project Online.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team

1. Sprint dates in "Manage Sprints" are not in-line with the dates from the plan

The new agile features within the client are good, but the sprint dates in the user interface 'Manage Sprints" are not mapped to the dates of the tasks in the actual plan. That should not be the case.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Julian!

I hear you on that – I wanted to make sure you knew we had the Sprint Start and Sprint Finish dates in there. We’ve heard similar feedback before, so now that your request is more clear, we’ll listen to more feedback and see what the best route is.

There’s a scenario of a hybrid classical method alongside the scrum ones, which is why we want to make sure we can still support that.

Thanks for the feedback – we’ll keep listening for this one. I’ve also marked this back to “Under Review” so more users can vote and comment on this.

~J

2. I want to give the tasks in the Agile board different colours

On the backlog I would like to be able to give different colours to different tasks.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Alexander!

How would you want to give tasks different colors? Would you want to choose this yourself, or would you want it to be programmatic?

Thanks for the suggestion – we’ve been investigating it a little, but would love to hear your thoughts on what you’d expect/want from this!

3. kanban backlog not showing subprojects

Kanban backlog sheet shows task summary names of tasks in subprojects but does not show these tasks on backlog board

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it stable. On Surface it just hangs every time I close the screen

Make it stable. On Surface it just hangs every time I close the screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)