Support for Arabic language in Lookup Table Custom Field in Project Server 2016 / 2013
The search in Arabic in Lookup Table Custom Field is not working properly in Project Server 2016 / 2013.
In Project Server 2016 / 2013, I tried to create a lookup table with Arabic Entries by doing the following:
- Go to PWA Settings.
- Below Enterprise Data, Click on Enterprise Custom Fields and Lookup Tables.
- Scroll down to Lookup Tables for Custom Fields.
- Create a new Lookup Table with Text type.
- Add Arabic Entries.
- Go back to create a custom field that will get the data from the created lookup table.
- Add now your new custom field in Project Detail Pages (Project Information Page).
- Go back to Add a new project, you will note that
"The Search in Lookup Table Field for Arabic Entries is not working" ,
Please check the attached image.
It's not considered a new idea, it looks like a critical bug in Project Server 2013 / 2016, I think in Project Online too.
I also have documented the issue in details at my blog http://blog.devoworx.net/2017/07/08/search-arabic-lookup-table-field-not-working-projectserver
Finally, I hope this issue to be resolved soon.
Thank u for awesome explanation
Hope to resolve this issue very soon.
This is a real bug need to be fixed in the next update.
Thanks for sharing such important issues.
Ibrahim Rashad commented
Its a great idea and very useful. I found many difficulties earlier.. Thanks again.
Great Job brother, very useful!