Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tasks with cost resource MUST be calculated in BCWS column in Project Desktop.

BCWS column calculate values from tasks that has work and material resources, but ignore cost resources in the calculation. This is wrong and make a distortion in Earned Value results (BCWP column).

Please, solve this error making BCWS column calculate cost resources in the tasks as well.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Right-to-Left in Microsoft Project

Hi dear all

From starting Office Development , I don't know why Microsoft does not add Right-to-Left Direction in M.s Project Products

in any version of it does not exist.

Please Help me how can I change Direction of Tasks or texts fields for using Right-to-Left typing.

Many thanks for your time

Best Regards

Farzad Khajeh

Thanks Before FARZAD KHAJEH

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide Project Web, Plan 1 for nonprofits

Microsoft Project Plan 1 does not seem to be available for nonprofits (at least not with nonprofit pricing). P1 does not show up as an option to purchase in our tenant. P3 and P5 do (with nonprofit pricing). P1 is perfect for nonprofits. Please bring it to nonprofits (with nonprofit pricing)!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Buckets should be used in Grid and Timeline to bracket tasks

When you create custom buckets, they should be used in the Grid View and Timeline to bracket the tasks that are in them. Instead of having to create an overall task and then move all tasks as subtasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add resource load leveling to Project Online

Because I am a mac user, I do not have access to Project desktop products and am using Project Online. Can you please add resource leveling (as described for Desktop Professional at link below) to the Project Online product?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/distribute-project-work-evenly-level-resource-assignments-59ee715d-4446-42c9-8756-4ea2a5a7e4a0

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve Tracing Logic in Project because it’s not easy & users spend more time

There are approaches mentioned e.g use Task Inspector to Trace Logic in Project
    but all these involve more time, effort, and opportunity for human error.

its not good for 100+ activities / complex projects.

Please can someone investigate or compare against another scheduling tool on tracing Logic’.

As a user i would like to see all dates + all predcessors + all successors on 1 single task like.

Can Tracing logic be made easier?

Thank you so much for reading.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Expose custom fields in Board View as Group By options

The fields that we create should be exposed in Board View to be able to be grouped by, similar to what labels do in planner

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. how do i do a simple task like assign a generic resource to a task

it seems i can only assign named users to tasks how do you assign a generic resource, like you would for any simple project?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Custom Field visibility within Power BI or Power Automate

Newly launched custom fields are local to project and not available in PowerBI reports or in PowerApps built on Project for the web.

Having the custom fields visible within Power BI would allow for more advanced filtering / sorting - which right now requires creating either separate projects, or a separate linked metadata table. With the custom fields, it would be easier to relate tasks to other data sources / and collapse the number of projects.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Migrate TimeSheet from One Tenant to another tenant

In one of our project we are trying to migrate Project Online from one tenant to another and we came to know export import through project professional not migrating the Timesheet properly. Are there any options to update the timesheet data to another PWA site in the target tenant (example using REST API or CSOM). Any pointers on this are highly appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve Training Videos on Project for the Web and Project Online

One of the biggest problems is lack of training video's on Project for the Web and implementation/integration of Project where I have some users that are very small projects and need Project for the Web for simplicity and some users that have large ongoing projects that need Project Professional for its extended capabilities. There needs to be clear definition on how to use these as a single platform and what reports are available without the use of Power BI (too expensive for small companies).

In addition, there is very little available in training video's for the overall implementation and use…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Project for the Web Custom Fields Available for Reporting Using PowerBI

Project for the Web Custom Fields and PowerBI: As I develop the enterprise portfolio of projects for my institution, it is important that I allow project managers to use their tool of choice (i.e. MS Project within a Project Online environment for the more experienced PM and Project for the Web for the less experienced PM). There are some strategic projects that do not require the power of MS Project. However, they should be included in the portfolio for reporting purposes. Ultimately, the portfolio would be dynamic if we were using PowerBI and a flag would be used to determine…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. unique ID

Enable a Unique ID field for project tasks, so you can move a task and the ID (reference number) remains the same.

We often use a OneNote notebook with links from Tasks to individual OneNote pages, so we can give more detail and attach screenshots, attachments, etc to particular project tasks.
    Currently it appears you can only show an indent number or row number in P4W, which will change as the project evolves.
    Therefore, you can't have a OneNote page titled "Task 111" under the C# Dev section of the notebook if the number keeps changing.

Hope this makes sense,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. EVM graph

Have a feature to generate Earn Value Analysis/ Management more easily. I know there is a way already but it should be more like actual EVM graph (s-curve shows ACWP BCWP BCWS). The construction industry need much better user experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Permission Management

Owner should be able to manage permissions to tasks, and by default a task should be only visible to "Assigned To" where he can only edit progress and comments, everything else should be editable by the Owner.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow more than 8 dependencies to be connected to a task

Unable to add more than 8 tasks that are dependant on a shared task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Retain the previous view when Refreshing Project for the Web

Project for the Web times out after a while, and you have to click 'Refresh' to bring it back to life. When I do that, it doesn't retain the view I was previously using. I usually work in Board view, and group by finish date. Whenever I Refresh it reverts to group by bucket, which seems to be the system default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Highlight Task/Gantt bar as “At Risk” in red on schedule or Timeline

In Roadmap I can mark a task/summary as “At Risk or High Risk” and the color changes to red. It would be nice if I could also mark a task within the plan as “at risk” so it’s visually identifiable. The Gantt bar should also show as red so it stands out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Must have features for labels and column for status "In Progress", "Done", "Waiting" etc.

Unlike some other project tools, there are only states of a task - DONE or NOT DONE.

There should be a dedicated column to mark different statuses like "In progress", "Closed", "Waiting", "Completed", "Blocked" etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base