Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Statusing a Project in PfW

PfW needs "Status Date" type functionality for the distribution of uncompleted and completed parts as they are known in Project. Seeing as how PfW only provides one method of tracking, Task Total with two variations (Completed Hours and % Complete), there needs to be some capability for making sure the past represents what has actually been completed, and the future represents what is left to be completed. With no status date functionality, no split task functionality, and with duration and work tied together, trying to maintain an accurate schedule during the execution phase of a project in PfW is not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make site user friendly to easily find information

Where do i download Microsoft project 2019 professional ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. is there a person to talk to to help figure out how this could work for us?

is there a person to talk to to help figure out how this could work for us?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need to be able to sort/Filter by User

It is great to use the project, but I need to be able to filter for my tasks, there is no way in a project of 200 task that I can find what I am supposed to do without scrolling through the whole thing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Uniformity

Make the "Satisfaction Ding" uniform no matter what action is taken to close out a task. Entering 100% Complete in the Details Side Pane does not produce a satisfaction ding! As you continue to build out PfW, uniformity is important.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make the product more intuitive

Once a user signs up - the product needs to be intuitive and help the user to figure things and set up project / programmes. Right now there is nothing and one needs to look at pdf. There are other PPM tools that MS could look at for inspiration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please improve the task entry process. Getting all kinds of cryptic errors when trying to add new tasks and make them subtasks.

feel free to contact me directly. Want to use this in projects but to many issues when working with customer. Customer was not happy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bar Text

Can we add the possibility to show the text on the timeline view gantt chart like the desktop version?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Control over default buckets when tasks are created.

Currently, when creating a task in P4W, the 'default' bucket in which the task is put, is the leftmost bucket on the board screen.

The issue I have is, once the project has several tasks and buckets, additional tasks end up going in the wrong bucket and have to be rechecked constantly.

Could summary tasks have a "default bucket" dropdown in their details card which sets the default bucket for any child tasks? This wouldn't put the summary task in the board view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integrated online access to the logs for debugging

Integrated online access to the logs for debugging on the same level as possible with Fluent Pro but without the need to pay extra and need to use an third party app.
    There should be a minimal support for first level debugging. This will increase the productivity for admins to resolve issues themselves and create more to the point service requests to Microsoft when needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disable annoying completion sound

It's that same annoying sound as in Planner (which at least allows it to be disabled) whenever a task is completed. Why would I need an intrusive ding sound? Is it supposed to warn me in case I missed the fact that I just completed a task? If anything, it'd discourage me from ever completing anything (or many tasks at once)!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Link to GitHub is broken

On this page: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/developing-applications-and-reports-using-the-new-project/
    In the Getting Help section near the bottom, the link to Project on Dynamics GitHub is broken and returns a 404.

I did a little digging around and it wasn't clear which O365Dev GitHub project it should point to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Switch to Planner and let Project Die

As described by other users, Planner is a way better option and really only needs a couple small updates to be more powerful than Project.

1. For the love of Bill, add gantt chart to project view (instead of calendar view!!)

2. Add resources option which can directly link to Team members, and or custom entries

1 could be done immediately and greatly reduce most reasons for wanting project.

2 not sure how much effort this would take but using planner through teams already has all members accessible for assigning tasks so this may basically be done already.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add swimlanes to Board view

I find the Board view rather difficult to use without the ability to organize cards into swimlanes. It's frustrating to know that the feature exists in Azure DevOps but not in Project. Please consider adding this. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Consistent Views in Project for web

You should be able to have consistent sets of fields in a specific order with specific widths in the Grid and Timeline view.

It would also be great if we could start out with a prepopulated list of buckets.

It would be great if these could be set on a per template basis.

Copying a project is not a sufficient replacement for a template. Templates can be setup to provide consistency. At the end of project it may or may not be in such a state that you want to copy it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MS Project Standard 2019 bugs and crashes

I have old project and when I use it in a new version of product 2019 it wasn't save and crashe. Please help anybody
    Thank you
    Build 1807 Windows 10 x64

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Hyperlink is open in New Tab from Project Center Grid

In Project Center grid when we go to the hyperlink value and when we click on that value then it will be open in New Tab

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Office Add-ins support

It would be great. Currently it is not possible to synchronize Project Web App project and Project For Web project. So i would like to see add-ins in Project for Web too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Plan 1: Can't find where/how to install the app for our MS 365 Plan 1

We have a Plan 1 with our business and I cannot find how to install the Project app. Could someone please guide me as to where/how to do this? Much appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Manager Overview of Projects Assigned to Dept

I am not currently a user of MS Project but I am doing some research to see if it would be a good fit for our company.

Is there a way for the Manager of the PMO to see a high level overview of all the projects assigned to the Project Managers in the department and their projected timelines?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base