Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Project for the web: Project Tasks should honor set Work Hours

Currently Project Tasks are set to start at 9 AM, despite set Work Hours. This causes problems with many multi time zone scenarios. Tasks should honor set Work Hours exactly as they are defined: Hours, days, business closures and breaks should all be honored exactly as they are set.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Timeline + Grid together like offline version

How can you have the timeline view display the start and end dates, duration, and predesessors next to the gantt chart per line item, like l

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Collapse tasks at the summary level

I like PfW a lot but I run projects that have a lot of phases and then sub-tasks. I would like to be able to open my project with the Summary Tasks (or phases) collapsed - this is the main reason I have stopped using Project for the Web. Every time I re-open it all my Summary Tasks are expanded so I have to start by collapsing all the ones that are complete just to get a focused few of a particular section.

I couldn't find this as an existing request, if it is already somewhere else please let me…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Project for Web - Project Description

In the fly out where you rename the project. Have a description field so we can add a brief description of the project.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Project Portfolio Planner Board

The main purpose of this suggestion is to assist managing limited resource availability with typically small client facing projects (jobs), or anywhere that has the need to juggle projects. The solution should provide the ability to quickly view and update scheduling at the project level.

Enable, through some method, a Planner Board in which the cards visible represent projects selected from a portfolio (or all active projects of a particular type(s) - if project types can be implemented).

Much of the card would represent a read-only summary data of the project, though some details may be editable...
    1) Start date…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The ability to 'Change working time'

As can be currently done in the desktop version, we need to be able to input the unavailability of resources so that the project schedule automatically takes it into account when the duration of a task is entered

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need to be able to change the number of working hours in a day (we use 7.5 not 8)

Need to be able to change the number of working hours in a day (we use 7.5 not 8)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Where are the online video tutorials for Project? It's 2019, it's all about video!

I don't want to download your stupid PDF to figure out how to use your product. I want a video that shows me quickly how to setup my project. This is like basic 101 product training, why don't you guys have it?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add time reporting in Project for the Web

Implement timesheet functionality or possibility for users to report time in the Project for the Web application under specific tasks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Feature parity with Project Online

We have customers that are looking into PMO tools but we can't advice them to start out with Project as long as they have to regress to the awful outdated Project Online for a lot of basic tasks. When we look at the roadmap, it appears that not much is about to change. Either you step up the development pace, or you abandon trying to flog project management software.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Milestones in Project for the web

It would be great if there was the possibility to create milestones in project for the web. These should be marked with a special symbol so that everyone can see them at a glance (e.g. in the grid view or timeline).

We pitched the new project software in our company but our employees see milestones as a necessary feature, so we can‘t go live yet.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to upload into Project

Create a link between Planner and Project, so that Planner can upload to the new 365 Project online tool.
    Equally, be able to upload from Excel into the new Project tool.

Love the new tool, but moving all of my Projects up to it is currently a very manual process.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to upload into Project

Create a link between Planner and Project, so that Planner can upload to the new 365 Project online tool.
    Equally, be able to upload from Excel into the new Project tool.

Love the new tool, but moving all of my Projects up to it is currently a very manual process.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Power BI template which includes Project for the Web AND PWA projects (and Planner?)

Most organisations will find themselves using a mixture of Project Online, Project (for the Web) and Planner to assign and manage tasks. From a management perspective we need a single report which shows progress and resource utilisation across all projects for it to be a useful tool. At present there are separate Power BI templates for the 2 versions of Project so we have to manually compare which takes a significant amount of time. Please could you provide a template which shows Project and Project Online information. I'd be interested in others views on Planner as well - not critical…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. filter mytasks

Implement the option to filter in MyTasks-list;

The user now needs to apply custom filters all the time when they want to filter in the mytasks list. An option to apply a filter onto a view standard would be very welcome.
    The custom filter doesn't always work and they are lost when a view is adjusted by admin.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please implement and document keyboard shortcuts

In new "Project for the web" please implement and document keyboard shortcuts for task manipulation

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom fields for Portfolio Analysis

Allow collaboration between the project web and portfolio analysis view's when conducting resource planning. This would need to the ability to allow custom field to produce cost fields at a project level.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Possibility to open different projects in different views/dashboards

So doing we could view two different projects on two different screens

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Theme and branding

Many customers would like the ability to change the theme, much like creating and adding a theme in power bi.

Theme and branding creates an emotional attachment. If this was possible I think it would make users feel good about using project.

Its the small things sometimes 😊

Nikki

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Layout options for quick navigation through projects

It would be nice for project managers having a layout where you can run through the projects very quickly in a way as implemented in Microsofts Teams where the navigation on the left lets you run through the teams and channels without having to go back to the "Home" to see other projects I'm working on.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base