Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Timeline + Grid together like offline version

How can you have the timeline view display the start and end dates, duration, and predesessors next to the gantt chart per line item, like l

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Project for the Web Custom Fields Available for Reporting Using PowerBI

Project for the Web Custom Fields and PowerBI: As I develop the enterprise portfolio of projects for my institution, it is important that I allow project managers to use their tool of choice (i.e. MS Project within a Project Online environment for the more experienced PM and Project for the Web for the less experienced PM). There are some strategic projects that do not require the power of MS Project. However, they should be included in the portfolio for reporting purposes. Ultimately, the portfolio would be dynamic if we were using PowerBI and a flag would be used to determine…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Project for Web - Project Description

In the fly out where you rename the project. Have a description field so we can add a brief description of the project.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to have multiple calendars

For example, allow us to have separate calendars for weekdays-only, 7-day, expected rainy days. Then, we could apply a specific calendar to each task and its duration would apply the correct finish dates based on the start date & calendar selected.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Outlook Integration for individual planning

Ability to automatically add a task to the outlook calendar of an assignee so this person sees in his outlook calendar what tasks should be completed on a specific day, including the amount of time it should take. The assignee should be able to schedule the task.

Here's an example:
    - Person 1 assigns a task to Person 2; task takes 4 hours; task has to be completed from 4 to 8 november 2019
    - Person 2 sees the new task in his outlook calendar and can move it to a preferred day in the morning or afternoon
    - In…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There has to be a way of creating a presentation quality PDF or printout of the project.

Organizing a project with multiple buckets and subtasks is critical to Project Management but as any good PM knows, there is always a need to be able to print and share the schedule with other team member and clients that may or may not have access to the online system.

This is a show stopper for many of our PMs and thus the system sits dormant because the effort to take the information and print it elsewhere is unproductive and a poor ROI.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Collapse tasks at the summary level

I like PfW a lot but I run projects that have a lot of phases and then sub-tasks. I would like to be able to open my project with the Summary Tasks (or phases) collapsed - this is the main reason I have stopped using Project for the Web. Every time I re-open it all my Summary Tasks are expanded so I have to start by collapsing all the ones that are complete just to get a focused few of a particular section.

I couldn't find this as an existing request, if it is already somewhere else please let me…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. MS Project for Mac

Years and years have passed. Microsoft has created wonderful tools and the last few years.. mainly months show us the modern thinking and approach the company is taking for the changing digital world. MS office for Mac is wonderful as it is already but it has been debated and passed for years that MS Project is still not available as a standalone Microsoft supported product on Mac OS. Please. Why has this not been done? I love MS Project and the only reason why I have to use Windows Parallels or an old Windows machine is for my MS Project…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Milestones in Project for the web

It would be great if there was the possibility to create milestones in project for the web. These should be marked with a special symbol so that everyone can see them at a glance (e.g. in the grid view or timeline).

We pitched the new project software in our company but our employees see milestones as a necessary feature, so we can‘t go live yet.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to set percentage of resource

Ability to set percentage of resource.

In the image below you can see the suggested idea

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Power BI template which includes Project for the Web AND PWA projects (and Planner?)

Most organisations will find themselves using a mixture of Project Online, Project (for the Web) and Planner to assign and manage tasks. From a management perspective we need a single report which shows progress and resource utilisation across all projects for it to be a useful tool. At present there are separate Power BI templates for the 2 versions of Project so we have to manually compare which takes a significant amount of time. Please could you provide a template which shows Project and Project Online information. I'd be interested in others views on Planner as well - not critical…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Where are the online video tutorials for Project? It's 2019, it's all about video!

I don't want to download your stupid PDF to figure out how to use your product. I want a video that shows me quickly how to setup my project. This is like basic 101 product training, why don't you guys have it?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Share Project and Export file

Share Project and Export file
    We need a way to export the project file or to share the project with other group of the company just to give them feedback.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Project (and Visio) should be rolled into the Microsoft 365 subscription.

I’m not quite sure why Project (especially Project Online) remains a separate subscription. The idea of Microsoft 365 is that it is the only subscription you need to get the best of Microsoft’s productivity solutions in one package. It’s a little confusing as to why Project (and Visio for that matter) is not part of that.

Project should also just be a single tier (instead of Online, Standard, Professional etc). We should be past all of this in 2020.

Anyways, I love the product, I just wish it was merged into the Microsoft 365 subscription.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Two way integration between Planner and Project for Web

It would be great if the Board can become a Planner accessible in Teams and Sharepoint as well. Now I have to make a plan in Project for Web, then make new tasks in Planner..

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Issues and Risks

Love project for the web and it has excellent potential to be an amazing tool for project managers and businesses alike. Can you add issues and risks in a similar way to what you have one for pwa but in project for the web please? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-a-risk-to-a-project-in-project-online-7aa1acc9-50cf-4f15-ac3b-fedf41b31c83

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Include a column for cost field in project for the web

In PRoject for the web there is no column to add cost to a task or project, I think this is necessary to be able to have an idea of the cost of the project.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dependencies

Could you provide an option for sending an automatic email notification to other people in a group when I complete a task that their tasks are dependent on?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. P4W: Add key dates in timeline

At the moment, you can only add key dates to the project roadmap. It would be helpful if you could also add keydates to the timeline in a specific project!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base