Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to set own date format for MS Project Web - currently mm/dd/yyyy

Add some basic date/time functionality to the MS Project Web and allow the user to set up date format as needed. Currently it is locked to MM/DD/YYYY, which is probably great for US but less so for other places.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import existing plans into MS Project Web - .Mpp and .Xls files for easy switch-over

In my team we are looking into switching to MS Project Web as we can have it in the Teams interface. However, the lack of ability to import tasks from .mpp or .xls files means we cannot do it on projects already in progress - because no one wants to take the mind-numbing task of entering tasks one by one from an existing list.
    The ability to import existing tasks - including if someone made a temp list using Excel - would add some serious legs to this app in my opinion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Drag and Drop Tasks to Timeline

Scheduling a task currently requires the tasks detail window to be opened and then a date selected within the calendar popup. Dragging and dropping from the task list to the timeline would help speed up this process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Back-up and version history

Back-up and version history is required or at least a way to export the Project file. Currently there is now way to revert a older version of Project when a mistake is made. It has happened several times that one team member checks one major task as done which after all subtasks got checked and if the user doesn't undo (Ctrl + Z) right away all the progress data is lost. A fix is needed soon as this is a major issue!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tasks sign

Hi everyone!
    I would like to ask, if I sign a task for somebody in the Project why doesn't this person receive an email about it?
    Because if I sign a task in the Planner for somebody, this person receive an email.

Regards

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The ability to Insert a Subproject to a Project in order to create a Master Project Similar to that of PWA

Much like the option in PWA to insert a Subproject (see attached). It would be great to be able to do this with P4W. This would benefit users who have multiple smaller projects that all relate or have dependences on each other to view those projects and task in one Project. The alternative right now is to open up all of the projects and then bounce around between tabs as you discuss with the team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow adding Azure DevOps items as tasks in Project for the Web projects

It's possible to add work items from Azure DevOps to Roadmap now. But it's still not possible to do the same for project in Project for the Web.

With this feature we could combine agile project planning in DevOps and waterfall style planning in Projects for the Web. Also we could see the Devops Planning in the PowerBI reporting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. persian calandar

please add persian calandar (jalali) to msp.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need to be able to specify non working times or be able to make all days nonworking days

My work has an AWS schedule for employees (alternative work schedule). 12 hour days 6 to 6. Working 2 days, off 2, working 3 days and then the next week is opposite. Day shift AWS can be easily created using exceptions as their shift starts and ends on the same day. Night shift 6PM to 6AM is not possible. If I could specify non working times not just choosing the whole day I could make it work. Either that or I can make every day a default non working day and use exceptions to state specific working times.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enterprise custom fields for Project for the Web Projects

Establish custom fields to be used by certain projects for portfolio reporting. Although you are considering adding capabilities for custom fields, it appears those would be added to each project by the project manager. Are we able to establish custom fields to be applied to projects within the portfolio that we select.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Move a project under another project as a task

I would like to be able to move a separate project i had created under a different project as a task. would this be possible?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Image to identify Project, Task and Roadmap than just a text-only name

For design/marketing projects and tasks, the users who need to keep track of their work are design artists and genuinely "visual". It is essential and very crucial to enable them to identify their work with images throughout the entire project management.

So the request is:
    A Project, a Task, a Roadmap, each of them with its own image thumbnail (with a full size image uploaded and shown when clicked on, of course).

This naturally shortens the time and makes things much easier for key users to look at the whole map, status, and results than by a "text only" name.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Flag Notes

The Notes feature is useful, and I've been using it to post reminders for the individuals assigned to a Task within that Task. However, unless that person uses the info button, the notes are missed. It would be nice if Tasks that had Notes were flagged in some way; be it via text color or an icon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give product a nickname to improve internet searchability

I really love this product. But trying to find any technical or even basic user information is extremely difficult because if you do an internet search for Project for Web you get back tons of information on unrelated project software or Project Online. So it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

A nickname would solve this. Project4Web or something like that would bring us to the right technical resources and improve adoption of the product. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When would S.Korea has P4W?

Currently S.Korea and France doesnt have new p4w.

Why is that and when can S.Korean tenant can use new p4w?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Roll up

Please add the ability to roll up tasks in the timeline view in project for the web.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bar Text

Can we add the possibility to show the text on the timeline view gantt chart like the desktop version?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Holidays

As with standard Project, it should be possible to add holidays for a resource (or standard holidays for all resources e.g. Christmas) that the calendar and dates respect when calculating completion dates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Newly added tasks in board view should go to the bottom of the bucket (FIFO)

The current methodology for Planner and Project boards expects a LIFO approach i.e. the most recent task added is the first one I am likely to complete. We need a setting to toggle it to FIFO for those of us who enter tasks in the approximate order we expect them to get handled.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Timesheet - It is hard to find recall function for submitted (by mistake) timesheet.

Timesheet - It is hard to find recall function for submitted (by mistake) timesheet.
    Add [RECALL] button to the ribbon menu!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories