Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  1. Make the date line configurable

Make the date line configurable or, at least, much wider. It is barely recognizable as it is

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Planner in Roadmap

Project Roadmap allows portfolio managers to bring in key tasks from Azure Boards and Projects in PWA.

Planner is used for small, ongoing projects. Please include support to add tasks from Planner to Roadmap as this gives Portfolio managers a better view of all key information in a single screen

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all!

We’d love to hear more about using Planner in Roadmap. Would you connect multiple Plans together in one Roadmap? As a portfolio manager, would you bring in both Planner tasks and Project tasks in one Roadmap? What type of Planner tasks would you bring into this view? What else would you expect?

Please share any details and feedback around this – we love hearing your thoughts!

~J

3. usage report project desktop

It would be great to have a usage report for project desktop and get usage reports.
    There is a script for project online.
    For when this report?

Thank you!

Marcos Rey

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Retain the previous view when Refreshing Project for the Web

Project for the Web times out after a while, and you have to click 'Refresh' to bring it back to life. When I do that, it doesn't retain the view I was previously using. I usually work in Board view, and group by finish date. Whenever I Refresh it reverts to group by bucket, which seems to be the system default.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Highlight Task/Gantt bar as “At Risk” in red on schedule or Timeline

In Roadmap I can mark a task/summary as “At Risk or High Risk” and the color changes to red. It would be nice if I could also mark a task within the plan as “at risk” so it’s visually identifiable. The Gantt bar should also show as red so it stands out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove items from Roadmap easier

need to make it easier to delete items from a Roadmap without going to Details and clicking Remove Item and then confirm.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. print roadmaps

provide the ability to print a roadmap that is created. This would be great to show to the c-level the roadmaps

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Should be able to add resources names or email ID

Shuld be able tpo add resources names and their Email Id even though they ar enot using MS project and can be able to send them notification.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Project for Web - Project Description

In the fly out where you rename the project. Have a description field so we can add a brief description of the project.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the expected complete date and actual complete date

I need to follow-up the task in project, so I need to know the initially expected finish date and actual finish date for each task

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Check Out/Publish vs Live Project Updates in New Project

This is less of a suggestion but more of a clarification request. With this new Project product, the planning methodology seems to have fundamentally shifted from a 'check out file, make/test schedule changes, and publish' to a more 'live planning' approach where any changes are pushed instantly. There are still some businesses that do not plan in this way and are more sensitive to changes in dates, especially when automation (e.g. email/push notifications) are applied to the schedule. How does Microsoft plan to accommodate for organizations who may not want all of their planning to be published in real-time?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Roadmap needs to allow notes to be associated with a project and/or tasks

We use Project OnLine, and I use Roadmap to review programs status weekly with my PMs. It will be very useful if I can enter my notes on the entire project swim-lane or a particular task. Otherwise I have to keep switching between Roadmap and my note-taking application (I use Agenda on my Mac).

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all!

We appreciate the feedback and understanding your scenarios! As we plan/develop this, we would appreciate continuing detail on how you would use this, where you would use this (row level/item level), and how this would benefit you.

Thanks again to our Uservoice community!
    ~J

13. Project for the Web: Multiple people viewing a project without affecting each other

When multiple users are viewing or adjusting a project, they effect each others views. It would be great if multiple users did not affect each others view during that viewing session.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Road Map timeline to large, cant zoom it down enough

Road Map timeline to large, cant zoom it down enough

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add task to roadmap from P4W file, not led by roadmap

Currently, to add a task to the roadmap in P4W, you need to add it from the roadmap view.

I'd like to see an interaction similar to that in POL, where you can add a task to roadmap (if the project is on the roadmap to start with) from within the project file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Read-only permission for Roadmaps

Currently everyone that has access to a roadmap can modify everything. Normally one would use a roadmap also to provide information to stakeholders. These shouldn't be able to modify the roadmap. Therefore read-only permissions would be helpful.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all!

We just announced that anyone with an O365 license or Plan 1 license will soon be able to access Roadmaps in read only. You can learn more here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=60646

Regarding the other scenario in this thread (re: everyone that has access to a roadmap can modify everything), we are still thinking about this and similar scenarios, so please keep sharing your feedback and experiences!

Thanks!
    ~J

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Move link to "Go to Project Online" to top of Project Home (instead of bottom)

Move link to "Go to Project Online" to top of Project Home page (instead of bottom) so users who only use project online know where to go/have easy access and are not confused with New blank project option

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Roadmap and Calendar Integration

Be able to do a roadmap with the Microsoft project online integration in queue but also, have a calendar view with the holiday and nonworking date, basically looking as a GANT view. after the schedule of the project is approved be able to add to a working calendar in outlook email. I can see the roadmap now but the activities by date is not showing in the calendar. This will be a good feature for any project scheduling. If a contruction company want to know when start a project while is doing few more other project this will help the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Image to identify Project, Task and Roadmap than just a text-only name

For design/marketing projects and tasks, the users who need to keep track of their work are design artists and genuinely "visual". It is essential and very crucial to enable them to identify their work with images throughout the entire project management.

So the request is:
    A Project, a Task, a Roadmap, each of them with its own image thumbnail (with a full size image uploaded and shown when clicked on, of course).

This naturally shortens the time and makes things much easier for key users to look at the whole map, status, and results than by a "text only" name.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base