Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  1. Edge-Add setting to be able to configure downloads bar so it automatically closes after download is complete

Edge-Add setting to be able to configure downloads bar so it automatically closes after download is complete so it's not necessary to click on the X to close it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Roadmap - Misspelling in invitation email in German

My colleague thought the invitation mail was a spam or phishing mail as the hyphenation of "Gruppenereignissen" is more than wrong.
    See attached picture...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Timeline + Grid together like offline version

How can you have the timeline view display the start and end dates, duration, and predesessors next to the gantt chart per line item, like l

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow adding (Custom) fields to Roadmap

I would like the option to add more information from a Project Online environment (or others). This could/should be configured per PWA or Per Roadmap (I'm not sure which is better).

On some PWA's we use different Start / Finish dates that should be used instead of the default Start / Finish.

There are also fields that have added value to see on a Roadmap. I would suggest that this shows up as a tooltip / pop up when hovering over a task in roadmap.

Additionally some added data from the Project level (custom) fields would be useful. Such as…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. multiple resources with varying efforts

Assign multiple resources to a task (already possible), but ability to add individual effort for each assigned resource for that task. Also show combined effort for the task.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show project priority on roadmap

The roadmap does a good job of showing milestones across multiple projects but it does not allow you to see if each project is a high, medium, or low priority. This would be very beneficial.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Various Views with Different Time Scales

If this is meant to be used to plan out large scale projects we need the ability to create views on different time scales. As well as the ability to make detailed schedules on an hourly basis for 1 day to 2 weeks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. RoadMap: ability to add additional project attribute columns (status, % complete etc.)

Ability to add additional information column to the left of Project /Task name (Status, % complete..) so can be used as a real portfolio Dashboard

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to remove "assign to" that is showing under the task/Project Name

I'm trying to display all projects on our portfolio and don't need the "assigned to" information, however there is no way to remove it and it just taking real estate... Please add option to remove that information so more projects/tasks can be listed on one page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Open two Project Pro apps at same time. Just like excel!

Often I want to look at two projects at the same time on different windows.
    Please add this feature. Most other MS apps do it.
    Please show some of this love to Project. :-)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microsoft not to deactivate Roadmap from Project Online when your Org will currently not use Project for the web

Roadmap will be deactivated if Project for the Web is deactivated.
    We are paying for the Project Online including Roadmap and we do not want to use Project for the web yet. We will first roll-out ProjectOnline and afterwards providing Project for the web to a broader range of users.
    Nevertheless Portfoliomanager's can't use Roadmap anymore now.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Power BI template which includes Project for the Web AND PWA projects (and Planner?)

Most organisations will find themselves using a mixture of Project Online, Project (for the Web) and Planner to assign and manage tasks. From a management perspective we need a single report which shows progress and resource utilisation across all projects for it to be a useful tool. At present there are separate Power BI templates for the 2 versions of Project so we have to manually compare which takes a significant amount of time. Please could you provide a template which shows Project and Project Online information. I'd be interested in others views on Planner as well - not critical…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Display Project Manager in Roadmap View

It would be very helpful to see the assigned project manager in the roadmap view. This field already exists in the project, so it would just need to be added as a display column.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Link to task/milestone or phase from roadmap to project

Should be possible to go straight from the item in roadmap to project plan for editing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can you add Baseline information in Roadmap?

I would like to track status of major milestones on multiple schedules on my Road map page. Without the ability to view baseline dates for these milestones, I cant tell if the milestone has slipped. For example, say I have 200 project schedules in my (PWA) enterprise. I would like to see the completion task date for each project (represented by a row in road map). That way if the PM updates their respective project, and their completion date pushes by one week, Road map would act as my enterprise level dashboard that would flag this projects date push if…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. View Subtasks as a Check list Inside the Main Task on Board View

Since we are able to link subtasks, it would be nice when we open the mais task in the boardview, to see all subtask as a ckeck list ( similar as the on in Planner ) bul all sub tasks would be a link that if it was selected would be able to see its detailed information.

It could show on the side of the link the information of the % completed of each subtask

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hello, sharing project for the web projects with our clients is a must have !!!! Regards Eric

Needed : sharing of projects with our customers (with no licenses for customers)
    regards

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Public/Private Roadmaps

I know some suggestions have been focused on allowing guest access or read-only, but I'd like the ability to publish a roadmap organisation-wide without having to manage individual group member access for the whole organisation.

A typical scenario might be using a roadmap as a product development or portfolio communication tool.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add "Create subtask option"

Currently there is only the option to add a task above a task. A more common option is to need to create a series of subtasks and unless I am missing something, I have to create a task and then drag it up and then make it a subtask. This is three steps when on a simple "+" option or item in the Ellipsis would greatly speed the process.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Timesheet - It is hard to find recall function for submitted (by mistake) timesheet.

Timesheet - It is hard to find recall function for submitted (by mistake) timesheet.
    Add [RECALL] button to the ribbon menu!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base