Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  1. Expand the limit of smallest value

​If you input "0.0001" in the working time field, it turns into “0”. I want it to be shown "0.0001" as I entered. Please expand the limit of the smallest value that can be entered here.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Project team members what to be able to see just their tasks like you can in Planner.

In the board view on project in team, Assignee would like to be able to just see tasks assigned to him/her. Perhaps a tab on the left side of teams like planner that would show all of my tasks regardless of which project they are associated with.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integration between Microsoft Projects and PowerPoint Timeline Add-In

It would be very helpful to be able to integrate Microsoft Projects to the PowerPoint Timeline add-in to be able to pull tasks directly from Projects with durations and % complete directly into PowerPoint to reduce the redundancy of having to keep the same tasks updated in two separate locations

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need to have the possibility of visualizing the schedule critical path.

Function available in MS Project but not in project for the web yet. This is one of the minimum tool to make project for the web effective in my organization.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Only 500 task is very less. Please increase more Task.

Only 500 task is very less. Please increase more Task.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve Training Videos on Project for the Web and Project Online

One of the biggest problems is lack of training video's on Project for the Web and implementation/integration of Project where I have some users that are very small projects and need Project for the Web for simplicity and some users that have large ongoing projects that need Project Professional for its extended capabilities. There needs to be clear definition on how to use these as a single platform and what reports are available without the use of Power BI (too expensive for small companies).

In addition, there is very little available in training video's for the overall implementation and use…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enterprise custom fields for Project for the Web Projects

Establish custom fields to be used by certain projects for portfolio reporting. Although you are considering adding capabilities for custom fields, it appears those would be added to each project by the project manager. Are we able to establish custom fields to be applied to projects within the portfolio that we select.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add button 'insert task below'

It makes more sense to add a task below a 'header' task, rather than adding one above a different category

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Project on the Web available in new Environments

Power Platform supports multiple environments (Automate and Apps). It should be possible to have a separate Project environment also. The default environment is not enough for global organizations and multiple, different entities. Make it possible to create Project environments just like Automate (Microsoft Flow) and Power Apps.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix the export project timelines to PDF feature

I exported a large project to PDF and unfortunately the timeline chart came out on 15 different pages and was unusable. Can we have additional options when it comes to exporting, for instance being able to export to custom pages sizes etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. assign guests as task owner in Project plan

We can add guests in microsoft planner tasks but if we try to add guests in the Project Plan individual tasks it's not working. You cannot find the guest back if you try to assign, if you try this in microsoft planner it works. It's a big gap if you try to manage project involving internal/external parties so as it is now, it can only work for internal projects?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow better Extensibility in the CDS

Allow programatic editing of the entities for Project for the web. Such as editing all Project/Task fields, creating new Tasks, Assigning Resources to tasks, etc.

This will enable users and Partners to extend the Project For the Web platform and integrate with other applications.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Color code tasks by bucket

If you could choose to color code the tasks by bucket it would make them easier to follow when reviewing in the timeline view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Project for the Web Custom Fields Available for Reporting Using PowerBI

Project for the Web Custom Fields and PowerBI: As I develop the enterprise portfolio of projects for my institution, it is important that I allow project managers to use their tool of choice (i.e. MS Project within a Project Online environment for the more experienced PM and Project for the Web for the less experienced PM). There are some strategic projects that do not require the power of MS Project. However, they should be included in the portfolio for reporting purposes. Ultimately, the portfolio would be dynamic if we were using PowerBI and a flag would be used to determine…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export the Roadmap to PDF

I am looking for the feature to export also the Roadmap to pdf.
    The export needs to consider the zoom functionality. Ideally that when I export I can choose how many pages wide and tall I want to see the overview (like I can do when I print a document).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include Project for Web in "Teams Tasks"

The linked blog below, details plans to include a new view in Teams that brings Planner and To Do together, I'm unsure why Project for web is not also included in this?

If P4W was included in this tab, it then becomes a 1 stop shop for all my assigned tasks, be it by myself, my team or a project manager i am collaborating with.
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/planner-blog/announcing-tasks-in-teams-a-coherent-task-management-experience/ba-p/969386#comments

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Implement Version History/Change Tracking

Team members who make changes to a project task's start/finish date or duration may not realize how it impacts dependent tasks/milestones. PMs need to be accountable for the project plan and if a change was made, I'd like to be able to see who made it and when, especially if I need to confirm whether it was intentional or not. As an alternative, presenting the user with a notification that their change will impact dependent tasks may deter accidental updates.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Power Automate connectors for Project for the Web

Develop connectors for automating creation of new projects, new tasks, update and assign to team members using Power Automate. Currently the connectors for Project are dependent on a PWA root site.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add in coloured flags

Have the ability to add in coloured flags like in the planner to enable groupings

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base