Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  1. Automatically add items at certain level to roadmap

When linking to a project, select what level it should be linked to, and when tasks are added to a project at that level, automatically add it to the roadmap.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get TASK “OVERALLOCATED” (VBA) - Microsoft Project

I need to get when TASK is overallocated (because one or more resources are overallocated).
    I am already able to get overallocated resources, but I want to identify only when the resource for the specific TASK is overallocated.

I mean (see the pic below in the comments), The red-man in Indicators column is exactly what I want to get:

the tasks #2 and 6# are "overallocated" ( because resource "MCA" is engaged for same day ) --> yes trigger for my alert
    the task #4 is not overallocated (no red man) --> no trigger (although MCA is globally overallocated)

So,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. support for critical path analysis

When will there be a capability for Project for the web to support critical path analysis.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow Roadmaps to be embedded in other webpages

Currently I cannot embed a Roadmap into another webpage. An example use case is where I want to embed a URL to a roadmap into SharePoint or another CMS in order to enable collaboration across my organisation, using iframes. At the moment this cannot be done because the x-frame-options within roadmap are set to Deny. Please resolve this. The full error is as follows. Refused to display ‘https://project.microsoft.com/en-GB/#/roadmap?portfolioId=29e88c85-3294-ea11-a811-000d3aba6d9b’ in a frame because it set ‘X-Frame-Options’ to ‘deny’.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Custom field at project level

It would be great if we could add the custom fields created in the Dynamic Project app to the project for the web form. Currently we have to navigate on both platform to update our projects.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow users to change the group to which a project belongs

Currently a project can be assigned to a group or leave it empty. Once a project has been assigned to group, it is not possible to change that. It seems this is a fundamental design flaw. Similar to members of a group, a project should be made accessible to different groups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a Portfolio view of all projects in Project for the Web

Have the ability to view all projects created in Project for the Web in an aggregated portfolio list format. Have the ability to narrow project list to my projects or by department or groups.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to add attachments to a taks / subtask / project

Hi there
    We need the ability to add attachments to a task/subtask and a project in general. Same functionality as in Planner. Ideally we can add attachments from anywhere in SharePoint across multiple teams.
    Cheers,
    Fabrizio

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all!

Thanks so much for your feedback. I’m happy to announce you can now add attachments to your tasks in Project!

You can use this new feature by opening your task details in Project. The add attachment button is available at the bottom of that pane.

Please let us know what you think of this new feature!
    -M

9. Please add more time scale ability and gridlines.

The current zoom bar is easy to use. But it does not allow a far enough zoom out. Right now only about 5-6 months fit on the screen. But I work on projects that are up to 2-3 years long. I'd like to be able to adjust the maximum zoom out to fit the whole duration on the screen. I would also like to be able to customize the time scale and gridlines similar to Project Desktop. Example, Year on top, Month in the middle, day on the bottom tier. With gridlines to match.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Row Formatting

The ability to change the background colour of rows would allow you to highlight diiferent themes/workstreams.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Rescheduling / Mass-edit

Make it easy to reschedule project tasks dates by adding in a mass edit feature. Currently, if I want to pull forward a project's launch/end date, I have to move every task manually, or the first task in a line of dependencies & that requires working out how many days there are between the first task and the last task

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Must have features for labels and column for status "In Progress", "Done", "Waiting" etc.

Unlike some other project tools, there are only states of a task - DONE or NOT DONE.

There should be a dedicated column to mark different statuses like "In progress", "Closed", "Waiting", "Completed", "Blocked" etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Print or Export timeline schedule view

We should have the ability to print off or save a timeline or schedule, so that it can be shared with team members and outside partys without have to give others access to other information within that project.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Track Changes/Show Baselines in Roadmap

Have the ability to show changes in tasks throughout a project. This will result in improved planning for future projects and a better understanding of where projects lose time or resource.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. bring support to fit and open in mobile or tablets on the go

Thanks for building this new tool, its really simple and useful.
    We use project management tool in our firm and prefer to use it on the go using our mobile and tablet devices. However currently the web page doesn't render / fit well on our devices
    And lately have started leveraging teams for collaboration. We see project is available on it, but the tab doesn't open on these devices. Can you extend this support, it is currently very limited ?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Purchase Project & Microsoft 365 E5 Developer LIcense

I have a Microsoft 365 E5 Developer License.
    It won't let me purchase Microsoft Project on the same account. Why Not?

Please allow this so that I can develope power applications that make use of Microsoft Project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. is there a way to add the dynamic dates based on dependencies that is in the standard project

I use the standard Project program a lot to back into a due date using FS, SF, SS type connections. This appears to not be available in Project online .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Highlight Key Tasks

It would be nice to be able to highlight key/critical tasks, with color tags, or being able to change font color, especially in the grid view. Also would be nice to have another "view" called key tasks or milestones that you can tag in the custom section on the task, and then have them in that view.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Project for the web task types. Start to start relation and delays.

To make Project for the web more useful it would be nice to set up different types of connection between them. Like start - start relation and also I need to set the delay. As now, you can only have a "waterfall" or a manually setup where you can add tasks to run in parallell. This is not how projects works. Please add task type and delay.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. View my assignments

Maybe I missed it, but where does one see his assignments and can report upon completion (like My Tasks/Timesheet in Project)?

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base