Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. provide an overview of all calendar exceptions (vacation overview)

For years, I am looking for a solution how to quickly see all the calendar exceptions for the complete project team at a time.
    I use the calendar exceptions to maintain people's absences like vacations. However, it is not possible to have an overview of the team's absences, e.g. to check if too many people from the same team are planning vacation at the same time.
    I have asked the community for help but there is only complex macros trying to create separate files from the calendar exceptions, or the idea to not use the calendar but rather maintain each…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include a column for cost field in project for the web

In PRoject for the web there is no column to add cost to a task or project, I think this is necessary to be able to have an idea of the cost of the project.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Statusing a Project in PfW

PfW needs "Status Date" type functionality for the distribution of uncompleted and completed parts as they are known in Project. Seeing as how PfW only provides one method of tracking, Task Total with two variations (Completed Hours and % Complete), there needs to be some capability for making sure the past represents what has actually been completed, and the future represents what is left to be completed. With no status date functionality, no split task functionality, and with duration and work tied together, trying to maintain an accurate schedule during the execution phase of a project in PfW is not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make site user friendly to easily find information

Where do i download Microsoft project 2019 professional ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. is there a person to talk to to help figure out how this could work for us?

is there a person to talk to to help figure out how this could work for us?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow color or icon to be set for buckets

Allow a color or icon to be set on buckets so that it is easy to recognize the type of task in the Board's Group-by-Progress view.

The current view does show the name of the bucket which is useful but an icon or color would make recognition easier. This would help our workflow where buckets are used to distinguish between internal tasks or client-assigned tasks like reviews. A color or icon would make these easy to identity if status meetings. Another example is to distinguish training tasks from development tasks in stand-up meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dependencies

Could you provide an option for sending an automatic email notification to other people in a group when I complete a task that their tasks are dependent on?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need to be able to sort/Filter by User

It is great to use the project, but I need to be able to filter for my tasks, there is no way in a project of 200 task that I can find what I am supposed to do without scrolling through the whole thing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Give product a nickname to improve internet searchability

I really love this product. But trying to find any technical or even basic user information is extremely difficult because if you do an internet search for Project for Web you get back tons of information on unrelated project software or Project Online. So it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

A nickname would solve this. Project4Web or something like that would bring us to the right technical resources and improve adoption of the product. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Uniformity

Make the "Satisfaction Ding" uniform no matter what action is taken to close out a task. Entering 100% Complete in the Details Side Pane does not produce a satisfaction ding! As you continue to build out PfW, uniformity is important.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make the product more intuitive

Once a user signs up - the product needs to be intuitive and help the user to figure things and set up project / programmes. Right now there is nothing and one needs to look at pdf. There are other PPM tools that MS could look at for inspiration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When would S.Korea has P4W?

Currently S.Korea and France doesnt have new p4w.

Why is that and when can S.Korean tenant can use new p4w?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

in development  ·  1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. timeline zoom

Zoom function for project timeline does not zoom enough out to get a good overview of a project with long duration. Should be possibel to show the whole project in one view.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please improve the task entry process. Getting all kinds of cryptic errors when trying to add new tasks and make them subtasks.

feel free to contact me directly. Want to use this in projects but to many issues when working with customer. Customer was not happy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Project as a tab in Teams: Do not require license for viewing

When adding a tab in Teams for Project, many stakeholders are interested in viewing the plan, but it is very impractical to have to manage licenses for a potentially large group of people who just want to take a quick look.

Therefore, it should be default that anybody with an Office365 license should be able to just look at plans. For those who have assigned tasks, the current licensing structure is fine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Roll up

Please add the ability to roll up tasks in the timeline view in project for the web.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bar Text

Can we add the possibility to show the text on the timeline view gantt chart like the desktop version?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Various Views with Different Time Scales

If this is meant to be used to plan out large scale projects we need the ability to create views on different time scales. As well as the ability to make detailed schedules on an hourly basis for 1 day to 2 weeks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable Document Management for Projects in Project for the Web

I can enable SharePoint document storage for the Project entity in the CDS, and the Projects library gets created in the SharePoint site, but there is no related tab in the Project tab in the app nor does there seem to be a way to add one.
    If I add a custom entity (e.g. Programs), the related tab does appear and I can upload documents specific to the item and these get stored in the corresponding SharePoint doc library.
    If I attach a document to a Project via Notes (CDS Timeline) it does not appear in the corresponding SharePoint doc…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base