Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to add attachments to a taks / subtask / project

Hi there
    We need the ability to add attachments to a task/subtask and a project in general. Same functionality as in Planner. Ideally we can add attachments from anywhere in SharePoint across multiple teams.
    Cheers,
    Fabrizio

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Project team members what to be able to see just their tasks like you can in Planner.

In the board view on project in team, Assignee would like to be able to just see tasks assigned to him/her. Perhaps a tab on the left side of teams like planner that would show all of my tasks regardless of which project they are associated with.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. View my assignments

Maybe I missed it, but where does one see his assignments and can report upon completion (like My Tasks/Timesheet in Project)?

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Project for the web: Add existing Planner capabilities (e.g. document attachments, checklists, priority)

Add existing Planner capabilities to the task details of Project for the Web (e.g. document attachments, checklists, priority, comments). Also @mentioning as new feature would be great.

370 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone!

There are a lot of asks in this thread, and I wanted to assure you we are looking at all of them. As an update, I wanted to share what items are “planned” in the shorter term. This includes Teams Integration, Attachments, Notifications, Group By “Assigned To”. We are also “in development” for Custom Fields- which will allow you to create a Priority field. Other asks on this thread are a bit farther out to share details on, so don’t worry – we are evaluating everything you’re asking for!

Please continue to share your feedback!

~J

5. Allow Access to the ODATA for Roadmap

Many organizations want to do reporting automation and surface visualizations around Roadmap Data. Allow us access to all the ODATA behind the row and the tasks being added

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Roadmap needs to allow notes to be associated with a project and/or tasks

We use Project OnLine, and I use Roadmap to review programs status weekly with my PMs. It will be very useful if I can enter my notes on the entire project swim-lane or a particular task. Otherwise I have to keep switching between Roadmap and my note-taking application (I use Agenda on my Mac).

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all!

We appreciate the feedback and understanding your scenarios! As we plan/develop this, we would appreciate continuing detail on how you would use this, where you would use this (row level/item level), and how this would benefit you.

Thanks again to our Uservoice community!
    ~J

7. Love Roadmaps. Need a single reporting canvas Can we integrate them into Power BI reports and Dashboards?

Love Roadmaps. Need a single reporting canvas Can we integrate them into Power BI reports and Dashboards?

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base