Project Portfolio Planner Board
The main purpose of this suggestion is to assist managing limited resource availability with typically small client facing projects (jobs), or anywhere that has the need to juggle projects. The solution should provide the ability to quickly view and update scheduling at the project level.
Enable, through some method, a Planner Board in which the cards visible represent projects selected from a portfolio (or all active projects of a particular type(s) - if project types can be implemented).
Much of the card would represent a read-only summary data of the project, though some details may be editable...
1) Start date could be changed.
2) Project status could be set to not started/active/on hold etc (would require a project status field)
3) The Project's Outline level one tasks could show in place of the checklist. (read only)
4) Show resources allocated in the project.
5) Project description in the cards notes.
6) Suggest the project's milestones would also be visible in the card.
Blue sky thinking would be if the Project card could change colour (or be tagged) if it contain significant over-allocation of resource.