Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add templates to project for the web

When creating a new project we don't want to start from scratch each time. We should be able to select a type of project (or an existing one) and use that as a starting point.

288 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

41 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone!

I’m updating this to “partially complete” as we have finished rolling out the “Copy Project” feature. You can access this by opening a project, clicking on the title to open the details pane, hitting the “…” in the top corner, and then the Copy command.

You can get more details, tips and tricks here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/project-blog/copying-projects-in-project-for-the-web/ba-p/1477766

We’re still thinking about the specific templates scenario and reading your comments below. Please try the feature out and let us know what other feedback/improvements can be made.

~J

2. Filter Tasks, Resources and Dates

In the new Project add the ability to filter by task, by resource or by date

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone!

You might have noticed that you can filter by string on the Grid view. You can now filter on task names and assignees (check the top right corner of your projects!)

I’m marking this as partially complete, as I know there were many other asks here. Please continue sharing your needs and scenarios around filtering.

Thank you!

• Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base