Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  1. Roadmap - Item deleted in Project Online

Roadmap helps to visualize the key phases and milestones across multiple projects managed from Project Online. With many items across multiple rows in Roadmap, it is quite difficult to notice which phases/milestones were deleted in Project Online until the user clicks that item to notice an error message like "This item has been deleted in Project Online." and prompting them to remove the item.

My ask is can the deleted items have a different color or with a symbol, so that they can inspect and take an action.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. summary

Provide a configuration option to prevent project managers from assigning resources to summary tasks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to see the number of resources on a Roadmap

Be able to see the number of people/resources working on a project in Roadmap.

Ex. Number of people actually working and people assigned to the roadmap.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Roadmap: Add category field for roadmap items and allow to pivot the view by category to create swimlane charts

In larger programs tasks of a certain category are distributed over mutliple projects and initiatives. By adding a category field (a bit like the 6 labels in Planner) would allow to regroup the information into swimlanes, which would in turn increase the reporting value of roadmaps.

Kind regards,
    Trutz-Sebastian Stephani

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Project Web is far too limited. Integrate MPP with SharePoint/Teams/Planner

Microsoft Project should be next on Microsoft's priority for revamping. The basic Project tool online is limited. The desktop software to link with online is painful and the Project online is limited to a few items. Integration between MPP/Planner/Teams/Sharepoint will put Microsoft in unmatched territory.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Include Project for Web in "Teams Tasks"

The linked blog below, details plans to include a new view in Teams that brings Planner and To Do together, I'm unsure why Project for web is not also included in this?

If P4W was included in this tab, it then becomes a 1 stop shop for all my assigned tasks, be it by myself, my team or a project manager i am collaborating with.
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/planner-blog/announcing-tasks-in-teams-a-coherent-task-management-experience/ba-p/969386#comments

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add time reporting in Project for the Web

Implement timesheet functionality or possibility for users to report time in the Project for the Web application under specific tasks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Image to identify Project, Task and Roadmap than just a text-only name

For design/marketing projects and tasks, the users who need to keep track of their work are design artists and genuinely "visual". It is essential and very crucial to enable them to identify their work with images throughout the entire project management.

So the request is:
    A Project, a Task, a Roadmap, each of them with its own image thumbnail (with a full size image uploaded and shown when clicked on, of course).

This naturally shortens the time and makes things much easier for key users to look at the whole map, status, and results than by a "text only" name.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow currency fields in Project for the Web

So we can add our own fields to the P4W entities and edit this data in the associated record in the Model app (but of course not yet have these values surface in the actual Project for the Web app).

However, if you add a currency field to say the Project entity, and try to update it, you get the 'You cannot directly do 'Update' operation to 'msdyn_project' error.

This error does not appear when you try to edit a value in any other field type that I have added - to me this seems like a bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Actual Start, Actual Finish, and Remaining Duration

When projects are in the execution phase, task process needs to be tracked using Actual Start, Actual Finish, and Remaining Duration if not finished as of the Status Date.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need a button to show me all tasks I'm assigned to across all Project for Web files/projects

Need a button to show me all tasks I'm assigned to across all Project for Web files/projects.
    Similar to Project Onlines capacity planning function.

Suggest where you have a 'Home' & 'Project tasks' button on the left hand side, you add a new button for 'All tasks' (a 'Team Tasks' button would also be useful).

It would be useful to have an option within this new view to be able to view all the tasks of anyone else within your team site/organisation at the click of a button, so you can assess their availability within the tool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. export/Import tasks using text files

Add ability to import/export using text files or integration with excel 365

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Flag Notes

The Notes feature is useful, and I've been using it to post reminders for the individuals assigned to a Task within that Task. However, unless that person uses the info button, the notes are missed. It would be nice if Tasks that had Notes were flagged in some way; be it via text color or an icon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Undo complete subtasks

If an user accidentally completes a task with subtasks, they are all marked completed, and there is no way to undo this. The user doesnt know the previous state. Please introduce a undo button like when deleting a task its possible to undo this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unable to Create and apply work calendars in Project for the web.

Unable to Create and apply work calendars in Project for the web.

articles on how to Create and apply work calendars in Project for the web.
    Article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/project-for-the-web/create-and-apply-a-work-calendar

Microsoft tech told me functionality is not working for now and support teams are aware of it and continuously working on to get this working.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I need to import a spreadsheet with activities

I need to import a spreadsheet with activities

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include a column for cost field in project for the web

In PRoject for the web there is no column to add cost to a task or project, I think this is necessary to be able to have an idea of the cost of the project.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow color or icon to be set for buckets

Allow a color or icon to be set on buckets so that it is easy to recognize the type of task in the Board's Group-by-Progress view.

The current view does show the name of the bucket which is useful but an icon or color would make recognition easier. This would help our workflow where buckets are used to distinguish between internal tasks or client-assigned tasks like reviews. A color or icon would make these easy to identity if status meetings. Another example is to distinguish training tasks from development tasks in stand-up meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dependencies

Could you provide an option for sending an automatic email notification to other people in a group when I complete a task that their tasks are dependent on?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Open two Project Pro apps at same time. Just like excel!

Often I want to look at two projects at the same time on different windows.
    Please add this feature. Most other MS apps do it.
    Please show some of this love to Project. :-)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base