Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  1. Various Views with Different Time Scales

If this is meant to be used to plan out large scale projects we need the ability to create views on different time scales. As well as the ability to make detailed schedules on an hourly basis for 1 day to 2 weeks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Public/Private Roadmaps

I know some suggestions have been focused on allowing guest access or read-only, but I'd like the ability to publish a roadmap organisation-wide without having to manage individual group member access for the whole organisation.

A typical scenario might be using a roadmap as a product development or portfolio communication tool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Holidays

As with standard Project, it should be possible to add holidays for a resource (or standard holidays for all resources e.g. Christmas) that the calendar and dates respect when calculating completion dates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Newly added tasks in board view should go to the bottom of the bucket (FIFO)

The current methodology for Planner and Project boards expects a LIFO approach i.e. the most recent task added is the first one I am likely to complete. We need a setting to toggle it to FIFO for those of us who enter tasks in the approximate order we expect them to get handled.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Timesheet - It is hard to find recall function for submitted (by mistake) timesheet.

Timesheet - It is hard to find recall function for submitted (by mistake) timesheet.
    Add [RECALL] button to the ribbon menu!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatically group subtasks by bucket in the board view

If you create a plan in the Grid view and flip to the Board view, all your tasks are in 1 bucket. It would be nice if they made a bucket for each promoted task and all the related subtasks were under each respective bucket.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Project for the web is not available for France

When project for the web will be available for France

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. MS Project for Mac

Years and years have passed. Microsoft has created wonderful tools and the last few years.. mainly months show us the modern thinking and approach the company is taking for the changing digital world. MS office for Mac is wonderful as it is already but it has been debated and passed for years that MS Project is still not available as a standalone Microsoft supported product on Mac OS. Please. Why has this not been done? I love MS Project and the only reason why I have to use Windows Parallels or an old Windows machine is for my MS Project…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. P4W: remember, which tasks are minimized/hided in grid and timeline

Every time I open the project, all higher-level tasks are maximized and the contained subtasks show up in the grid. It would be great if P4W could remember, which higher-level tasks I have minimized and show them as minimized every time I open the project again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the timeline feature to Project for the web

Project for the web is awesome, but it would be even better if we had the ability to create a visual timeline, just like in Project Professional. It would show folks the important relationships between tasks at a glance. It would be great if that could be copied into PPT.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Project Bucket descriptions

Could we have a text description field for Project Buckets? It seems like a relatively easy change.

Project for Web

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remove project from Project Home, when it's deleted from CDS

Currently when a project is deleted from the Project Model-driven app and thus from CDS, the project can still be seen in Project Home. Please automatically remove a project from Project Home if it no longer exists in CDS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow us to choose a customer from a lookup, when creating a project

Right now a customer can only be added on the Model-driven side of project, which causes additional work and requires a user two use two different UIs. Please allow us to choose a customer from a lookup field, when creating a new project. This should be available in the Office UI and Unified Interface. This will also allow for significantly easier extensibility of P4W.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow us to type in a project's name before it's saved to CDS

At them moment all projects are created as "Untitled Project". This is causing issues extending project as we can't programmatically change a project's name (msdyn_subject). Please allow us to enter a name for a project before it is saved in CDS.

"Untitled Project" will also cause issues with duplicate detection with duplicate detection rules and alternate keys.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. effort

Add the possibility to change the effort indication in days instead of only hours

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Roadmap board view

Hi,

as a project manager i would need a board view in the roadmap.
    I would like this board to show all tasks from connected projects but would also like to have the possiblity to remove some of the connected projects in a simple checkbox list or simular

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reconnect broken dependency when task is deleted

When deleting a task that has a dependency (before and after) the after dependency ought to automatically connect to the before dependency of the deleted task.

This would keep the Gantt chart from sliding all the way back to the beginning of the schedule when the dependency is removed and requiring the user to reconnect it to another task manually when in a timeline view.

At least have a dialog appear to select another dependency if this instance occurs. Something like, "The task you selected to delete is dependent to a following task, do you wish to reconnect this following…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 'Today' button in Timeline

In timeline view, add a button to scroll to 'Today'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Project for Web" report by instance

Our O365 tenant has multiple Project Online instances with their own security and settings. We have a PWA, PWA2, DemoPWA and so on. If a person in one of those specific instances uses Project For Web I need the ability to report on which instance they are tied to and therefore I need a way to differentiate in Project For Web has no way to differentiate (and therefore combine) various instances of data. If I have a user that only has access to PWA and another user that only has access to PWA2 and the two shall never cross, how…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base