Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  1. Remove key dates from roadmap timeline

shoud be possible to remove ke dates from roadmap timeline.
    And, milestones in roadmap row items, should be updated if completed/delayed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bar Text

Can we add the possibility to show the text on the timeline view gantt chart like the desktop version?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Noraccire

2 way sync with excel would be a great feature as many of our collegues still feel confortable with using excel rather than online platform

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Control over default buckets when tasks are created.

Currently, when creating a task in P4W, the 'default' bucket in which the task is put, is the leftmost bucket on the board screen.

The issue I have is, once the project has several tasks and buckets, additional tasks end up going in the wrong bucket and have to be rechecked constantly.

Could summary tasks have a "default bucket" dropdown in their details card which sets the default bucket for any child tasks? This wouldn't put the summary task in the board view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Integrated online access to the logs for debugging

Integrated online access to the logs for debugging on the same level as possible with Fluent Pro but without the need to pay extra and need to use an third party app.
    There should be a minimal support for first level debugging. This will increase the productivity for admins to resolve issues themselves and create more to the point service requests to Microsoft when needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Roadmap Add-On Licence

For us Roadmap would be a great addition as visualization tool for clients, yet we do not have the need as a small team to have the full blown P3 at triple the Price. Add-on Licence for Roadmap only to the P1 would make sense if sensibly priced for light usage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Disable annoying completion sound

It's that same annoying sound as in Planner (which at least allows it to be disabled) whenever a task is completed. Why would I need an intrusive ding sound? Is it supposed to warn me in case I missed the fact that I just completed a task? If anything, it'd discourage me from ever completing anything (or many tasks at once)!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Link to GitHub is broken

On this page: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/developing-applications-and-reports-using-the-new-project/
    In the Getting Help section near the bottom, the link to Project on Dynamics GitHub is broken and returns a 404.

I did a little digging around and it wasn't clear which O365Dev GitHub project it should point to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Switch to Planner and let Project Die

As described by other users, Planner is a way better option and really only needs a couple small updates to be more powerful than Project.

1. For the love of Bill, add gantt chart to project view (instead of calendar view!!)

2. Add resources option which can directly link to Team members, and or custom entries

1 could be done immediately and greatly reduce most reasons for wanting project.

2 not sure how much effort this would take but using planner through teams already has all members accessible for assigning tasks so this may basically be done already.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Develop a quick extract feature to move a schedule from Project to an Office Timeline+ in MS PowerPoint

Office Timeline+ is an excellent high-level visualization of key project tasks and milestones. The Gantt visuals in Project have never been very aesthetically pleasing. Being able to quickly export a Project schedule into an appealing Timeline+ visual would be fantastic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. reach MS Project Pro through WPA?

ach MS Project Pro through WPA?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PWA access issue

I would like to ask a favour about MS Project 2019 Pro... How can I harmonize the tasks which taken in Project 2019 with Project web APP. How can I link task to planner to keep contact and share this with the assigned project team member?
    Thanks for your kindly support.

Regards,

Elek

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. INTEGRATION

Seriously folks - this is the biggest issue that MS needs to address. There is so very little to a product that can actually help IT DELIVER results. If you do not know how to make it happen, get rid of the product. Pretty simple... keeping people on the product without this key ingredient is wrong.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add swimlanes to Board view

I find the Board view rather difficult to use without the ability to organize cards into swimlanes. It's frustrating to know that the feature exists in Azure DevOps but not in Project. Please consider adding this. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide useful suggestions for scheduling instead of just automatic or manual

If I make a change to the schedule instead of doing something automatically, warn me by tagging the task.

For example, I have a task with a certain end date and an amount of effort. I change the effort. A task warning comes up. I can choose to ignore it or I can tag the task as requiring me to change the duration or find more people at some point in the future. That would actually be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Consistent Views in Project for web

You should be able to have consistent sets of fields in a specific order with specific widths in the Grid and Timeline view.

It would also be great if we could start out with a prepopulated list of buckets.

It would be great if these could be set on a per template basis.

Copying a project is not a sufficient replacement for a template. Templates can be setup to provide consistency. At the end of project it may or may not be in such a state that you want to copy it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MS Project Standard 2019 bugs and crashes

I have old project and when I use it in a new version of product 2019 it wasn't save and crashe. Please help anybody
    Thank you
    Build 1807 Windows 10 x64

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow task updates from the CDS interface, Canvas App via Formsubmit or even via a simple Model Driven form save function.

Allow "Project Task" entity updates from the CDS interface or canvas app via Formsubmit or even via a simple Model Driven form save function. none of these are currently possible which is restricting us extending project web.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Hyperlink is open in New Tab from Project Center Grid

In Project Center grid when we go to the hyperlink value and when we click on that value then it will be open in New Tab

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base