Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  1. Edit Project for web schedule in Project Desktop app

It would be useful to enable editing project schedule in Project for web via Project Desktop app.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More Interactive Capabilities with Project Tasks

This may have been covered somewhere else, but it would be nice to interact with a Project task with threaded comments, a way to link to a SharePoint online document rather than attaching a document, @mentions in task comments, #hashtags for tagging projects with attributes, tying into the Outlook calendar for resourcing (i.e. if someone's calendar is marked Out of Office that the resource calendar picks that up (maybe this is already the case), ability to set reminders on tasks based on certain criteria, conditional formatting. I don't mean to mention other products here, but a mashup between how Smarsheet…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Megan!

This is wonderful feedback, and a direction we are planning/headed in. We’d love more details from you and others to see what type of interactive capabilities are most crucial to see to be more successful with Project.

Thanks for sharing, feel free to ad more comments as they come up.

~J

3. Ability to publish Roadmap to Sharepoint site

It would be highly useful for a web part which links to Roadmap, allowing for the ability to publish a Read-Only version of the Roadmap to a Sharepoint site. This would specifically be useful for giving the high level management or executive team view to how projects are tracking.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import mpp file into MS project Web

It would be great to have a Button to Import mpp file into MS project Web.
    We usually use MS Project client (mpp file) to plan and monitor the project, and we can't even copy and paste MS fields to MS project web or upload the file directly. We have to replicate everything we have on the MS project Client by hand to MS project Web! That doesn't make sense at all!

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Roadmap needs to allow notes to be associated with a project and/or tasks

We use Project OnLine, and I use Roadmap to review programs status weekly with my PMs. It will be very useful if I can enter my notes on the entire project swim-lane or a particular task. Otherwise I have to keep switching between Roadmap and my note-taking application (I use Agenda on my Mac).

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all!

We appreciate the feedback and understanding your scenarios! As we plan/develop this, we would appreciate continuing detail on how you would use this, where you would use this (row level/item level), and how this would benefit you.

Thanks again to our Uservoice community!
    ~J

6. Saving Baseline (Project for the Web)

One of the biggest advantages of the MS Project (and Project Online) to the other compactor products in web based platforms is the possibility of having Baselines. Without a Baseline controlling the plan and having Planned vs Actual stats wouldn't be easy.
    Please add the option of saving baseline on any given status of the plan without overwriting them so w can compare current status with multiple baselines.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Project for the web : Tasks effort not linked to duration

We should be able to specify a effort on a tasks that is less than a working day without affecting the duration.

Example : I have a resource on my project that is shared with other teams. I only have him/her 2 hours a day, and this time for 10 working days is enough to complete the task. So I want to have a task with 10 working days duration with a total effort of 20 hours.

In the current state, if I indicate the duration, it will automatically change the effort to a full day work (80 hours), if…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Guest access to projects

Often there are external users from customers or freelance involved which should have access to a project or roadmap as well without the need of having a project license. This is possible in other project management solutions!

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Project on the Web available in new Environments

Power Platform supports multiple environments (Automate and Apps). It should be possible to have a separate Project environment also. The default environment is not enough for global organizations and multiple, different entities. Make it possible to create Project environments just like Automate (Microsoft Flow) and Power Apps.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Read-only permission for Roadmaps

Currently everyone that has access to a roadmap can modify everything. Normally one would use a roadmap also to provide information to stakeholders. These shouldn't be able to modify the roadmap. Therefore read-only permissions would be helpful.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow adding (Custom) fields to Roadmap

I would like the option to add more information from a Project Online environment (or others). This could/should be configured per PWA or Per Roadmap (I'm not sure which is better).

On some PWA's we use different Start / Finish dates that should be used instead of the default Start / Finish.

There are also fields that have added value to see on a Roadmap. I would suggest that this shows up as a tooltip / pop up when hovering over a task in roadmap.

Additionally some added data from the Project level (custom) fields would be useful. Such as…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Project for the web: Allow updating the Tasks entity via Flow to enable integration with business processes

Currently the Task entity in CDS is locked. Allow updating the Tasks entity via Flow to enable integration with business processes. Also adding additional fields to type the activities in the schedule, would be helpful.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Project Home: Add possibilty to set default PWA settings via Powershell

It should be possible to set this setting via PowerShell for all users as a tenant admin (e.g. set a link by department for an IT and a Finance instance) and set a new default link for new users.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Display task progress (percent complete) on the added task on Project Roadmap

For each task row added to the Project Roadmap, the added row should pull in the % complete information from Project Online, just like a tracking gantt view is displayed in Project.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Love Roadmaps. Need a single reporting canvas Can we integrate them into Power BI reports and Dashboards?

Love Roadmaps. Need a single reporting canvas Can we integrate them into Power BI reports and Dashboards?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Project for the Web: Import/export function for MPP files

It would help if there would be at least an import/export function for MPP files to give accidental PMs the option to send their schedule to a customer and also to pick up on work that started in the Project client

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Roadmaps for EDU customers

Please enable Roadmaps for education customers. We are heavy users of Azure DevOps for our agile teams as well as project server and this would be a huge benefit to us.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Outlook tasks

Add the ability to integrate the Project Task with my Outlook Tasks without a 3rd party app, add in or a copy/paste...

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Report Feature in Project for the Web

Have a "Reports" link next to Timeline, on this page have a global "web part" / global admin UI that enabled customers to upload a Power BI report that filtered for the the current Project using the ?projectId query string. This would enable customers to easily build Power BI reports and surface them in the same UI rather than having to navigate to a different application to see reports. Power BI Embedded type approach maybe but out of the box.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Project for the web - Copy Project

I'm at a conference, and customers are interested in Project for the web. However, they are adamant that it have both (a) templates for starting projects, and (b) the ability to copy an existing project to a new one. With those features, they may be interested in trying it.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base