Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  1. Office Add-ins support

It would be great. Currently it is not possible to synchronize Project Web App project and Project For Web project. So i would like to see add-ins in Project for Web too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Plan 1: Can't find where/how to install the app for our MS 365 Plan 1

We have a Plan 1 with our business and I cannot find how to install the Project app. Could someone please guide me as to where/how to do this? Much appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Completed Tasks: Do not strikethrough task name, just use the checkmark

Strikethrough of completed task names in Roadmap reduces readability. Omit the strikethrough formatting and just use the checkmark and white fill to indicate completed tasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Manager Overview of Projects Assigned to Dept

I am not currently a user of MS Project but I am doing some research to see if it would be a good fit for our company.

Is there a way for the Manager of the PMO to see a high level overview of all the projects assigned to the Project Managers in the department and their projected timelines?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow duplicate detection with alternate keys on the msdyn_subject (name) field

Enabling duplicate detection rules is a standard requirement in all implementations. Since Project now names all new projects as "Untitled Project", duplicate detection becomes challenging. Please allow us to use alternate keys for duplicate detection, when a key is tied to msdyn_subject i.e the "name" field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. is this possible to create addin in MS Project using API

Hi all,

i'm stuck on to create a addin in MS Project professional 2016 using api, can any one please guide me to find the solution or suggest any web sides and Project 2016 SDK.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Problems with dates in MS Proj

the resources are only considered on your sub project plan

Then when I open the master plan – it re shuffles the resources to remove over allocations

But then the dates you put in are overridden and this may not be what you want.

Please help me!

/Rickard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Project For Web projects in Roadmap

With a Plan 3 or 5 licence, projects can be added to the roadmap. Can the solution allow "Project For Web" projects to be added too?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I have purchased Online Microsoft Project for my MacPro. Will not allow me to print or save more than 1 page. Basically does not work.

Make it work or tell people in advance it will not work. Spent literally 10 ++ hours with your help person who was terrific but here I am 2 weeks later cant print more than 1 page can't save as pdf to share with client cant do anything but load tasks. Just bad all around

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a Timer for task in Project for the web

I think it can be usefull to add a timer to calculate work done on task.
    It would be useful to have a meter to have a way to measure the efforts made.

So Project for the web could be able to track the smallest project efficiently and it would be possible to track the time worked no nedd for a complex timesheet module.

It is thus possible to follow the progress 0-50-100 and to have the efforts total by a simple resources meter. So I can track the work and the effort easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Match Floating Questions to your Daily Actions

Make a matching program that links each experience with all the potential questions that someone made in the internet about this particular thing and are not answered in the last year or haven't get any solid answer when they are new. I search countless times for things that are happening in the world countless times to countless people who could have answered and noone never happened to care to answer questions because its natural that everyone cares to answer but this way you will help people who care to help answering questions of the world, give their valuable info! A…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A description or status column would be great for notes on the task progress

Taking notes on task activity is pretty common and helpful, can't seem to find this feature and limits project online to a simple task scheduling app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When adding a project to a roadmap and the project summary task is enabled, the system should auto-populate the start/end date.

Rather than manually adding all the phases. I would like the ability to set up a quick roadmap by searching for the project in Project Online, then have the system pick up the start/end dates from the project summary task initially. Then provide the option to add Phases & Key dates if needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Should search by Project Name first and Owner field should auto-populate when adding projects to a roadmap.

Owner field is already populated in Project Online. The workflow should be to search for the project first, then auto-populate the Owner field with the Project Detail Owner information from Project Online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need ability to specify whether an Item being added is a Phase or a Task.

The system seems to be randomly choosing whether an Item being added is a Phase or Task. I need the ability to change from a Task to Phase. When adding items, I should be able to click on 'Task' or 'Phase' and change it from one to the other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add ability to request access to a project from the a Roadmap

User ability to request access to a project listed in the Roadmap in which a user does not have access. Functionality would be similar to that in SharePoint (requesting access to a site).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Files and SPO site

It should be possible to open files and mapped spo site in same simple way like in Teams.
    At the moment little bit complicated/user unfriendly with a lot of clicks using OWA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a place to register bugs in Project 2019

Just got MS Proj 2019 and there is a bug on the filters. Cannot get filter to find all the same code in a custom filed - missing approx half

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make Roadmap actually work!

Roadmap, at least on Edge, barely works. It is incredibly slow. It does not update properly. It hangs constantly when trying to add new tasks. Great idea but it seems to not function very well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. project price incorrectly shown

price is per year, not per month I think.
    no link on the page to report the website error

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base