Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  1. The ability to 'Change working time'

As can be currently done in the desktop version, we need to be able to input the unavailability of resources so that the project schedule automatically takes it into account when the duration of a task is entered

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Field visibility within Power BI or Power Automate

Newly launched custom fields are local to project and not available in PowerBI reports or in PowerApps built on Project for the web.

Having the custom fields visible within Power BI would allow for more advanced filtering / sorting - which right now requires creating either separate projects, or a separate linked metadata table. With the custom fields, it would be easier to relate tasks to other data sources / and collapse the number of projects.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow adding (Custom) fields to Roadmap

I would like the option to add more information from a Project Online environment (or others). This could/should be configured per PWA or Per Roadmap (I'm not sure which is better).

On some PWA's we use different Start / Finish dates that should be used instead of the default Start / Finish.

There are also fields that have added value to see on a Roadmap. I would suggest that this shows up as a tooltip / pop up when hovering over a task in roadmap.

Additionally some added data from the Project level (custom) fields would be useful. Such as…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enterprise custom fields for Project for the Web Projects

Establish custom fields to be used by certain projects for portfolio reporting. Although you are considering adding capabilities for custom fields, it appears those would be added to each project by the project manager. Are we able to establish custom fields to be applied to projects within the portfolio that we select.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The ability to 'Change working time'

As can be currently done in the desktop version, we need to be able to input the unavailability of resources so that the project schedule automatically takes it into account when the duration of a task is entered

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Be able to assign all kind of resources to a task

(Project for the web)
    Possibility to add all kind of resources/users to a task.
    Right now we can only add users who are part of the environment.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Color on bars - project for web

Posibility to set a color on bars in timeline. Possible scheme for wbs levels.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Display task progress (percent complete) on the added task on Project Roadmap

For each task row added to the Project Roadmap, the added row should pull in the % complete information from Project Online, just like a tracking gantt view is displayed in Project.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include Project for Web in "Teams Tasks"

The linked blog below, details plans to include a new view in Teams that brings Planner and To Do together, I'm unsure why Project for web is not also included in this?

If P4W was included in this tab, it then becomes a 1 stop shop for all my assigned tasks, be it by myself, my team or a project manager i am collaborating with.
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/planner-blog/announcing-tasks-in-teams-a-coherent-task-management-experience/ba-p/969386#comments

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Project budget and costs

There should be a way to include costs per resource, task, subtask, hourly rate etc to being for budgeting and offering purposes.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Assign Project for Web tasks should appear in Tasks App in Teams

Teams Tasks app (Soon to be launched) will show a list of all tasks assigned to you in either Planner or To Do. It would be pretty cool if it also showed line items from Projects for the Web.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can you add Baseline information in Roadmap?

I would like to track status of major milestones on multiple schedules on my Road map page. Without the ability to view baseline dates for these milestones, I cant tell if the milestone has slipped. For example, say I have 200 project schedules in my (PWA) enterprise. I would like to see the completion task date for each project (represented by a row in road map). That way if the PM updates their respective project, and their completion date pushes by one week, Road map would act as my enterprise level dashboard that would flag this projects date push if…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Project Home: Add possibilty to set default PWA settings via Powershell

It should be possible to set this setting via PowerShell for all users as a tenant admin (e.g. set a link by department for an IT and a Finance instance) and set a new default link for new users.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Time-tracking app integration with MS Project

Wouldn't it be great if all our various team members could track-time via a mobile app that then integrated with MS Project to show actual time worked on tasks!

We'd learn really fast lessons about our estimating accuracy that would help us improve double-quick.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Project for the Web: Enable Copy/Paste from a list of values to quickly create a schedule

It would be great if I could copy a list of values from Outlook/Excel/Visual Studio Code or any other editor to the project grid to quickly build my schedule. Enable Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V for this functionality. It was possible in the grid of Project Online, so maybe some code can be reused for Project for the Web.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Possibility to hide completed tasks

In a complex Project with many tasks, subtasks and lots of different owners, we need the option to adapt the overview of tasks - e.g. by:
    - user / assigned to me
    - hide completed tasks (like in planner)

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integration with Azure DevOps and Project for the Web connection

Automatically create an Azure DevOps Project when a Project for the Web project is created.
    Ability to setup how each task should create Workitems in DevOps.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. notifications not shown in teams and instead shown in as emails

we are using project for web in teams. We recently learnt that for all our task updates notifications are being sent in outlook. Is there a way to change them to show up in teams instead of outlook?

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable users to access their own Roadmap data in CDS

Enable users to access their own Roadmap data in CDS

Description of current (bad) situation

All Roadmap data are stored in CDS* in the **Default Power Apps environment. Unfortunately users cannot access their data in CDS (using CDS connectors in various apps/services) by default. For example:
    1. When user try to use Power BI to connect to roadmap data, the default behaviour is, that user gets error message which contains something like "
    ResourceAccessForbiddenException".
    2. When user try to explore entities in CDS directly, or try to use CDS Power Apps & Power Automate connector, the default behavior is,

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Viewing multiple projects and roadmaps in one overview/page/tab including adding dependencies between them.

Have the ability to view multiple projects and roadmaps in one overview including adding dependencies between them
    For our organisation we use multiple projects and roadmaps for different projects but they DO have dependencies between them. It would be perfect to be able to view them all in one overview/screen and see the dependencies between them instead of having to remind them/flag them all the time. This would make the life of our product owner so much better.

If this could be shared through Teams as well that would make it even better.

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base