Project for the web

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team
  1. Non-licensed users: view and toggle tasks complete

Non-licensed users need to be able to at least view a project and roadmap and toggle a task complete. This would create a lot of adoption potential. Right now there is no way to share a schedule with non-licensed users. Heck...you can't even print from Project For The Web.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to set percentage of resource

Ability to set percentage of resource.

In the image below you can see the suggested idea

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sub Projects

Ability to add projects as sub-projects in "Project for the Web" as is the case with PWA.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Different Resource Types (Project for the Web)

Please give priority in adding different Resource types:
    - Work (or People) who are not in the Active Directory also Generic names which can be used for roles, teams, etc.
    - Cost
    - Material

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to have multiple calendars

For example, allow us to have separate calendars for weekdays-only, 7-day, expected rainy days. Then, we could apply a specific calendar to each task and its duration would apply the correct finish dates based on the start date & calendar selected.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Apply calendar/work template to project level (in Project for the web)

There is only way to set calendar/work template to Resources. But calendar/work template does not apply to project level.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The ability to 'Change working time'

As can be currently done in the desktop version, we need to be able to input the unavailability of resources so that the project schedule automatically takes it into account when the duration of a task is entered

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Plans must include Project P3, Data integration for Project with Flow, and Common Data Service for Project

Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Plans must include Project P3, Data integration for Project with Flow, and Common Data Service for Project, to run new roadmap feature and give a complete experience to Project Online Users.

Thats important because if I want to use Project Online and Dynamics 365, I should not have to pay again for almost the same features, so that doesn't need to be duplicated if I have those licenses in the D365 plan.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a 'Home' button in the Roadmap page

When navigating on an existing roadmap, the only way to go back to the Project Home page is to either use the app launcher or to type the 'project.microsoft.com' in the browser. It would be nice if we had a 'Home' button in the roadmap page so we could easily get back to the starting point page to see other roadmaps and projects.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show item type when adding items from Azure DevOps to a roadmap

When adding an item from Azure DevOps the user can't see if it is a feature or a user story. Items with similar titles might be wrongly selected. It would be good to get an additional inidcation on the item type in the selection pane.
    Kind regards,
    Trutz Stephani

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the ability to define different user roles for security

Project (for the Web) - Allow the Project Manager (Owner) to define a security matrix for different user roles on the project and what they are able to do. Things like: Who can delete a task, who can change or see key fields - for example costs;
    This would be totally user defined.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Recurring Task

Be able to Create Recurring Tasks. ( Weekly, Montly, Yearlly ) etc....

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Collapse tasks at the summary level

I like PfW a lot but I run projects that have a lot of phases and then sub-tasks. I would like to be able to open my project with the Summary Tasks (or phases) collapsed - this is the main reason I have stopped using Project for the Web. Every time I re-open it all my Summary Tasks are expanded so I have to start by collapsing all the ones that are complete just to get a focused few of a particular section.

I couldn't find this as an existing request, if it is already somewhere else please let me…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. MS Project for Mac

Years and years have passed. Microsoft has created wonderful tools and the last few years.. mainly months show us the modern thinking and approach the company is taking for the changing digital world. MS office for Mac is wonderful as it is already but it has been debated and passed for years that MS Project is still not available as a standalone Microsoft supported product on Mac OS. Please. Why has this not been done? I love MS Project and the only reason why I have to use Windows Parallels or an old Windows machine is for my MS Project…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Milestones in Project for the web

It would be great if there was the possibility to create milestones in project for the web. These should be marked with a special symbol so that everyone can see them at a glance (e.g. in the grid view or timeline).

We pitched the new project software in our company but our employees see milestones as a necessary feature, so we can‘t go live yet.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Project Portfolio Planner Board

The main purpose of this suggestion is to assist managing limited resource availability with typically small client facing projects (jobs), or anywhere that has the need to juggle projects. The solution should provide the ability to quickly view and update scheduling at the project level.

Enable, through some method, a Planner Board in which the cards visible represent projects selected from a portfolio (or all active projects of a particular type(s) - if project types can be implemented).

Much of the card would represent a read-only summary data of the project, though some details may be editable...
    1) Start date…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Delete a Project For The Web project from project home

Deleting a project in Project For The Web is anything but logical: Click on the project, click on the project name (not exactly an obvious thing to do...and still no delete button in sight), then click on the ellipses (...) (still not a logical place to find it) and NOW it shows up.

I propose putting the delete feature on the home page.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Road Map timeline to large, cant zoom it down enough

Road Map timeline to large, cant zoom it down enough

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Power BI template which includes Project for the Web AND PWA projects (and Planner?)

Most organisations will find themselves using a mixture of Project Online, Project (for the Web) and Planner to assign and manage tasks. From a management perspective we need a single report which shows progress and resource utilisation across all projects for it to be a useful tool. At present there are separate Power BI templates for the 2 versions of Project so we have to manually compare which takes a significant amount of time. Please could you provide a template which shows Project and Project Online information. I'd be interested in others views on Planner as well - not critical…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Group and colour code tasks

Please allow grouping and colour coding of tasks similar to roadmunk.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Project for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base