Project Online

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team

How can we improve Project Online?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Agile boards in PWA

The new agile features added to Project are good for planning. Key aspect of agile is communication in teammembers, so access to the plan/boards for team is very important.
    It can be sufficient just display the boards in project site or in PWA.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all -

We’re planning on bringing our boards online – but we want to make sure we do it the right way for you all. We started this in the Client, and we’ll be using feedback on the Client boards features to help bring the boards to Project Online.

Please continue leaving feedback on the Project Client boards, and we’ll let you know when this feature is available online!

~J

2. Modern SharePoint and Project Online

Modern SharePoint and Project Online
    MS has made ALOT of feature improvements with the modern SharePoint. However not all those features extend to Project online.

I'd like to be able to replace my project detail pages with the more robust PowerApps and Flow.
    Those PDP are so old school and do not allow much in the way of dynamic content.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rejected engagements should NOT show up in "Capacity Planning -HEATMAP" view

PWA Issue:
    Rejected engagement shows up in "Capacity Planning > Capacity and Engagements Heatmap" view when "Include proposed bookings" is checked

This seems to be a defect because:
    • in "Capacity Planning > Capacity and Engagements Heatmap" view > Rejected engagements are showing up as demand hours >This is not a correct logic and needs to be fixed.
    • The other “Capacity Planning Views” are not reflecting rejected project engagements. This shows us that there is a defect in the "Capacity Planning > Capacity and Engagements Heatmap" view

Suggested solutions:
    1. Remove rejected engagements from the "Capacity Planning > Capacity…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix Bug Microsoft Project Unable to Search for a GUID in the GUID Column

Unable to Search for a GUID in the GUID Column

"We couldn't find what you were looking for"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add calendar week numbers to timeline/timescale

I can't display the calendar week numbers in my project timeline. From week 1 to week 52 each year.

Only "project week numbers" with prefix "W" are available, starting on the week where the project starts. The prefix "W" is not a mandatory need for displaying calendar week numbers.
    It could instead be e.g. "CW" for calendar week. CW01, CW02, CW03....CW49, CW50, CW51, CW52, CW01, etc...

Eg. this week (from monday 18'th of april) has calendar week number 11. CW11.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Business Drivers not available in Odata feed

Hello,
    we are using both Power BI Desktop & Power BI Pro to analyse project-related information. The information is maintained in Project Online using PWA _api/ProjectData ODATA feed. We are able to view and load the following tables : - PrioritizationDrivers - Prioritizations - PortfolioAnalyses - PortfolioAnalysisProjects, - BusinessDrivers, - BusinessDriverDepartments - PrioritizationDriverRelations data - And Projects data. We would like to analyse the mapping of Projects directly to Business Drivers as captured in the Project Strategic Impact Page (in a Webpart). This data is not visible in any tables viewable in the ODATA feed. I feel there is a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please allow a user to open multiple project files in separate windows

Please allow a user to open multiple project files in separate windows. Microsoft's primary product is Windows (with an 'S') - the very defining feature of the operating system is that you can open multiple (plural) windows at the same time.

Quite frankly, it is ridiculous that this functionality does not exist, and even more ridiculous that Microsoft's feedback for this often-requested feature is "this is not possible, try printing to PDF". The lack of this feature seriously handicaps an otherwise very powerful piece of software.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please stop telling me to change my password.

When I open project I keep getting notified that I need to change my password. The link to change tells me it can not be done there. My password has been updated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adding an enterprise resource twice to an activity

I have a two week activity. The first week the enterprise resource works 40 hours. The next week the resource works 20 hours. I would like to be able to add the resource for two weeks at 20 hours and then add the resource again to the same activity for 20 hours the first week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be perfect, if the liecense could be booked really per month, not only per year.

It would be perfect, if the liecense could be booked really per month, not only per year.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. show all mouse pointer changes when sharing screen via Skype

Today, any participant watching me move my mouse in MS Project can't see the specific changes of the mouse pointer, e.g. when moving the mouse over a task to trigger the indention.
    In my own view, the mouse pointer will change from a big white cross to a small arrow symbol and vice versa, so that I can see when the drag feature is available.
    The participants in my shared session over Skype do not see that the mouse pointer has changed at all. It rather seems to be "stuck" to the old symbol.
    How can one possibly do a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. sync to modern sharepoint list

The ability to sync a project to a classic SharePoint task list is really useful, however, modern SharePoint pages cannot utilise that type of list, which limits its usefulness as a way to present information to users if you're trying to stay with the modern paradigm.

It would be extremely handy if modern lists could be targetted by the sync function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Business Drivers not available in Odata feed

Hello,
    we are using both Power BI Desktop & Power BI Pro to analyse project-related information. The information is maintained in Project Online using PWA _api/ProjectData ODATA feed. We are able to view and load the following tables : - PrioritizationDrivers - Prioritizations - PortfolioAnalyses - PortfolioAnalysisProjects, - BusinessDrivers, - BusinessDriverDepartments - PrioritizationDriverRelations data - And Projects data. We would like to analyse the mapping of Projects directly to Business Drivers as captured in the Project Strategic Impact Page (in a Webpart). This data is not visible in any tables viewable in the ODATA feed. I feel there is a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Treat business drivers similar to custom fields when required by workflow

Currently, if you set the Strategic Impact page to be required in a specific Project Online workflow stage, it prevents the end-user from saving any data on the page until all of the drivers are populated. It would be a lot better experience for the user if the drivers were treated more like custom fields that are required in a certain workflow stage...namely that the drivers can be left blank when saving, but the project cannot submit forward in the workflow without all drivers.

If that's not a possibility, at least sorting the notification that displays when you attempt to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Full access to RFT Taks Notes

Since we want to efficiently work management, we need full access to the task notes in RFT format (binary) (Project Online). Access should be via SCOM or OData feed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow more granular controls between PWA and SharePoint permissions

We recently had a situation where numerous SharePoint security groups were accidentally deleted by a PWA administrator. We would like the ability to achieve more granularity between users needing PWA administrative rights and SharePoint administration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unselect Effort Driven when changing task Type from Fixed Work

When selecting Fixed Work task type, effort driven becomes ticked, yet when changing from Fixed Work to Fixed Duration or Fixed Units, effort driven stays ticked. It would be better if effort driven was automatically unselected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Project Online

Feedback and Knowledge Base