Project

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team

How can we improve Project Online?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. I need to implement Office Essential Online, the aim is to have Project. can anybody confirm this is compatible with SBS 2011?

I need to implement Office Essential Online, the aim is to have Project. can anybody confirm this is compatible with SBS 2011?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Roadmaps for EDU customers

Please enable Roadmaps for education customers. We are heavy users of Azure DevOps for our agile teams as well as project server and this would be a huge benefit to us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Project Online Change Logs for Audit purpose

We understand that SharePoint level audit logging can be configured via “Site collection audit settings” but there should be a way to configure or enable audit/logging specifically for Project Online activities performed by users within PWA e.g. manage users/groups, deleting projects/resources, change of server/admin settings etc. (without enabling at organizational O365 tenant level).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. RoadMap Timeline

Project Roadmap is a great idea but the time line needs to scale up / down better than what it currently does also needs the ability to remove single entries instead of the whole row?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The Company (MSoft) support respond to bug issues

The Company (MSoft) support respond to bug issues rather than ignoring or waiting for a couple of 1000

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Master Project Folder w/MS Docs, Note Links to Docs,C/P New Job Folder, Links move with Folder

MY GOAL, is to have a set of MS Project and Docs accessible in a Master Project Folder. Then have the ability to make a copy and paste the Master folder to each of my new jobs folders. My workmate should be able to work on the Job Documents within the new Job Folder. The Project internal links should move relative to the new Job files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. LINK MS PLANNER AND MS PROJECT !!!!!!!!!!!

MS Project is a robust project management system that is difficult for none project managers to use. MS Planner is a intuitive user friendly project planning and collaboration tool. Combining the two / create a link to communicate work between the two provides the ultimate Project Team Management platform!!!!! We have had to hire a vendor to create this link... if they can do it, MS can do it. We would even pay for the connection!! It has been an amazing way for our business to manage projects because most people who are giving project owner duties wont ever be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rollup of 'number' type custom field in Project Center

Enterprise custom fields of the type 'number' can be added to the Project Center (created as a Project field type) and can then be added to the Project Center view to show the field settings.

The field value is created either by a calculation or through entering a value in the field in the Project Details. However the 'rollup' option does not total these as it does for other fields, for example 'Cost' type custom fields.

I would like to see the 'number' field roll up in the Project Center view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Select billing category / line classification on the timesheet page using a dropdown

Allow users to change the billing category / line classification of an existing task on an in-progress timesheet by clicking a dropdown in the grid instead of adding rows through the ribbon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tool is not user friendly at all, all the information is not clear in "Help" or usage of this tool requires extensive training; Junk tool

Tool is not user friendly at all, all the information is not clear in "Help" or usage of this tool requires extensive training; Junk tool

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tool is not user friendly at all, all the information is not clear in "Help" or usage of this tool requires extensive training; Junk tool

Tool is not user friendly at all, all the information is not clear in "Help" or usage of this tool requires extensive training; Junk tool

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integration LifeCycleServices

Integrating Microsoft Project Online with Microsoft Dynamics LifeCycle Services (https://lcs.dynamics.com/)

To allow the full project updates to appear in Project and visa versa.

Kind Regards,
    Menno

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make international standards default for calendars and dates, i.e. 2019-06-02 18:30. I still haven't figured out how to correct that.

Make international standards default for calendars and dates, i.e. 2019-06-02 18:30. I still haven't figured out how to correct that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shamsi Calendar in MSP 2019

Shamsi Calendar in MSP 2019
    Hi there,
    Would you please answer this question?
    I was wondering that if Jalali Calendar (other names: Persian/Solar/Shamsi calendar) is added to Microsoft Project 2019.

Microsoft has already added Shamsi Calendar into Windows 10 and Excell 2016 ; but it was not added to MSP 2016

Regards

P.S.: I mean calendars in the following directory: File menu > Options > Display > Calendar > Calendar Type

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can you add Baseline information in Roadmap?

I would like to track status of major milestones on multiple schedules on my Road map page. Without the ability to view baseline dates for these milestones, I cant tell if the milestone has slipped. For example, say I have 200 project schedules in my (PWA) enterprise. I would like to see the completion task date for each project (represented by a row in road map). That way if the PM updates their respective project, and their completion date pushes by one week, Road map would act as my enterprise level dashboard that would flag this projects date push if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please allow a user to open multiple project files in separate windows

Please allow a user to open multiple project files in separate windows. Microsoft's primary product is Windows (with an 'S') - the very defining feature of the operating system is that you can open multiple (plural) windows at the same time.

Quite frankly, it is ridiculous that this functionality does not exist, and even more ridiculous that Microsoft's feedback for this often-requested feature is "this is not possible, try printing to PDF". The lack of this feature seriously handicaps an otherwise very powerful piece of software.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make created/uploaded content much easier to share.

If I share content in a teams channel it should be available to all in that channel. Anyone who is added should automatically gain the access privileges to all content already shared to that group.

OR

Whenever i create content and add it to SP or teams i am automatically greeted with a msg/txt box that asks what permissions I would like to grant others to access this content.

Current iteration of sharing is inefficient at best and annoying to be honest.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please stop telling me to change my password.

When I open project I keep getting notified that I need to change my password. The link to change tells me it can not be done there. My password has been updated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show Roadmap item dependencies

Be able to show that an item has dependency on another item - either in the same row or a different row

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Project

Feedback and Knowledge Base