How can we improve Project Online?

Add Jira integration

Love the current vision for roadmaps as it was presented at Ignite 2018. It would be great to see more integration. Efforts as soon as the tool matures and people start working with it.

For instance, besides Azure Boards, Planner and project online/new project service. It would be great to get a connection with Jira.

In The Netherlands this tool is almost always available in IT departments for clients I visit. And there is a real need to get a overview on all Project and agile efforts across the organization.

Regards,
Erik van Hurck

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Erik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all!

We would love to learn more about this suggestion. What types of Jira projects are you expecting to connect? What type of Jira issues would you want to bring in? What interactions would you expect with the Jira connection in Roadmap?

Any comments and suggestions here would be helpful for us to better understand this scenario.

Thanks!
~J

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tex Rickard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have EPIC's at least integrated into Project Online roadmap because we often have different teams utilising Planner, AzureDevops, Project and Jira on the same programme of work

• BWork commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At a minimum it would be great to have epics, but if you connected to one type, why restrict yourself to the others. You should take any type that meets the metadata criteria such as start date and end date.

• Clive @ Elsevier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, currently implementing POL across our organisation (over 10,000 colleagues).
    Great to see (and have started using) Project Roadmap.
    Most of our Product people use Jira and being to able to connect it to POL or direct to Roadmap would be hugely useful and really increase adoption.
    Happy to discuss!

• Jeff Stucker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to plan out epics and features in a roadmap view and have them map to the same in JIRA. Then as work progresses in the child stories for these, they could be plotted against progress views of the roadmap. I've led a team building a custom solution to do exactly this, but it's not readily available to my subsequent clients. I would be happy to talk to the Project/Roadmap team about business logic and integration patterns to make this happen. Thanks!

• Eddie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to bring in all out of the box issue types in Jira (bug,feature,task,epic etc). For projects, both classic and next-gen project types. Under classic project type, we need Scrum,Kanban, Bug tracking project types.

Feedback and Knowledge Base