How can we improve Project Online?

More Interactive Capabilities with Project Tasks

This may have been covered somewhere else, but it would be nice to interact with a Project task with threaded comments, a way to link to a SharePoint online document rather than attaching a document, @mentions in task comments, #hashtags for tagging projects with attributes, tying into the Outlook calendar for resourcing (i.e. if someone's calendar is marked Out of Office that the resource calendar picks that up (maybe this is already the case), ability to set reminders on tasks based on certain criteria, conditional formatting. I don't mean to mention other products here, but a mashup between how Smarsheet and Wrike works would be ideal. We've hesitated with using Project because it's been so cumbersome, but maybe with some of these new features being rolled out we can get back to Project and Azure Boards with the Roadmap features to roll things up. We just need Project to be more collaborative with how we interact with tasks.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Megan Caldwell, PMP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Megan!

This is wonderful feedback, and a direction we are planning/headed in. We’d love more details from you and others to see what type of interactive capabilities are most crucial to see to be more successful with Project.

Thanks for sharing, feel free to ad more comments as they come up.

~J

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Megan Caldwell, PMP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wonderful to hear.

I have so many ideas as we are really struggling to find a tool that works as a holistic solution.

Another idea would be able to have an add-in in the Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) to be able to associate a document with a project or a task directly from the app. Imagine this - a button that would be clicked in the Office app that would allow you to browse projects you have access too and then to be able to associate, or link, that document to the project or a specific project task. Then have the option to @mention someone to let them know the document is out there for their use/review.

Just a few of my ideas. I would LOVE to talk to a Project product manager or developer to share more verbally. Is that even possible?

Feedback and Knowledge Base