How can we improve Project Online?

Roadmap export

I'd like the ability to export or print a roadmap to PDF to make it easier to share for status reporting with non-Project users.

25 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all!

We want to understand this scenario better. Why do you want to export/print to PDF/Powerpoint? Is the scenario you’re trying to solve just sharing Roadmap to non Project users? Would a read-only share mode be something you’re looking into?

We’d love to hear more comments and scenarios around what you’re trying to solve here!

~J

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • BWork commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Leadership needs the ability to review a plan on the page in a printed version they can write on or take with them. It would be great to have a read only view for stakeholder, but that would be a different feature request. (Let's get them both!)

• Max Tran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the option to add as user with read-only permissions and export as PPT/PDF would be extremely valuable! It would be very beneficial from a reporting perspective.

Read-only permissions are great for project stakeholders to be informed of the high-level schedule not only of individual projects, but the entire portfolio. This is especially useful when the portfolio consists of many projects which makes it hard to report on in just a static snapshot view.

• Ian Blumel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Occasionally we have present the road map as part of a slide deck. Typically with a preamble, and a deep dive discussion afterwards faciliated by the deck.

It would be good to re-use this road map view in both the context of a shareable link by all, and present the same data to view in a power point presentation.

Being able to make a clean screen shot/image capture for download would be ideal

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to export the roadmap so that I can share it with upper management (who are all non Project users). To that end, being able to export to PDF/PPT is the ideal solution.

A read-only share mode *might* be acceptable in certain scenarios, but only if it wouldn't require a Project subscription to simply view the roadmap. Nevertheless, this alternative requires more effort for my target audience to have to get the information for themselves rather than allow me to pull it into a presentation for them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, The ability to export to a PPT or PDF is a must have for executive reports. Would like to have PowerBI reporting as well

Feedback and Knowledge Base