Project Online

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team

How can we improve Project Online?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Supply new users with a tool to assist identifying & defining what the customers hardware currently is?actually is that is applying

Supply new users with a tool to assist in identifying & defining what the customers' hardware currently is? What their respective hardware can currently handle and then make the necessary sales suggestions
    This will create a short cut to expediting the entire process thus achieving user convenience and confidence and streamline the entire application

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Roadmap  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Business Drivers not available in Odata feed

Hello,
    we are using both Power BI Desktop & Power BI Pro to analyse project-related information. The information is maintained in Project Online using PWA _api/ProjectData ODATA feed. We are able to view and load the following tables : - PrioritizationDrivers - Prioritizations - PortfolioAnalyses - PortfolioAnalysisProjects, - BusinessDrivers, - BusinessDriverDepartments - PrioritizationDriverRelations data - And Projects data. We would like to analyse the mapping of Projects directly to Business Drivers as captured in the Project Strategic Impact Page (in a Webpart). This data is not visible in any tables viewable in the ODATA feed. I feel there is a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Project  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve search for milestones

When searching for the milestones you want to connect to, it would be helpfull with a milestone/task indication so you know if its a milestone or a task you are looking at.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. add contributors to a Row in adition to "Owner". It will help to understand the composition of the teams that is working in the Project

Add "contributors" to a Row in adition to "Owner". It will help to understand the composition of the teams that is working in the Project

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Treat business drivers similar to custom fields when required by workflow

Currently, if you set the Strategic Impact page to be required in a specific Project Online workflow stage, it prevents the end-user from saving any data on the page until all of the drivers are populated. It would be a lot better experience for the user if the drivers were treated more like custom fields that are required in a certain workflow stage...namely that the drivers can be left blank when saving, but the project cannot submit forward in the workflow without all drivers.

If that's not a possibility, at least sorting the notification that displays when you attempt to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Full access to RFT Taks Notes

Since we want to efficiently work management, we need full access to the task notes in RFT format (binary) (Project Online). Access should be via SCOM or OData feed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Roadmap: Allow to select Timeline/ Summary/ Field/ Custom Bar. Legend

Roadmap is a very nice feature which saves some of our time. We used to do the report manually in MS Project but some features are missing and it will be helpful to add.
    1. Allow to select the specified timeline for view with quarter or month zoom.
    2. Allow entry of summary project and bar and roll-up of milestone.
    3. Allow custom field or bar to format the color and text.
    4. Allow to add legend.
    Sample attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow more granular controls between PWA and SharePoint permissions

We recently had a situation where numerous SharePoint security groups were accidentally deleted by a PWA administrator. We would like the ability to achieve more granularity between users needing PWA administrative rights and SharePoint administration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Separate Key dates with same date/time

Currently if there are 2 or more milestones in a schedule added to Roadmap with the same data/time they are combined into one visual (pin) and the two names of the milestones are packed together.

However, if only 1 of these items is Red and the other is Green, the single pin will only show the Red value.

I would like to have the option to see all individual Key Dates as separate visuals. Íts ok for me to have the option to switch between this compact view (current situation) and the more detailed view if that is required.

Kind…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unselect Effort Driven when changing task Type from Fixed Work

When selecting Fixed Work task type, effort driven becomes ticked, yet when changing from Fixed Work to Fixed Duration or Fixed Units, effort driven stays ticked. It would be better if effort driven was automatically unselected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Roadmap - Item deleted in Project Online

Roadmap helps to visualize the key phases and milestones across multiple projects managed from Project Online. With many items across multiple rows in Roadmap, it is quite difficult to notice which phases/milestones were deleted in Project Online until the user clicks that item to notice an error message like "This item has been deleted in Project Online." and prompting them to remove the item.

My ask is can the deleted items have a different color or with a symbol, so that they can inspect and take an action.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bring back version 2003 filter option

Hi, In the past version off projects like 2003 we had a functionality that if you filter on a resource you will get a list of what you specified. On this filtered list you could collapse and expand the specific task which will show all the items under that task with all its different resources. Can you possibly bring that function back? This makes detail scheduling a little bit easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow the ability to Publish a Roadmap inside a Roadmap

In a Master Project Replacement option, it will be helpful to have a roadmap as something you can add inside of another roadmap.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow Access to the ODATA for Roadmap

Many organizations want to do reporting automation and surface visualizations around Roadmap Data. Allow us access to all the ODATA behind the row and the tasks being added

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Autopopulate the User Creating a Row in Roadmap

Please just autopopulate the End User who is creating a row in roadmap, vs. making them add themselves each time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. remove save button

Remove save button for Project Scheduler. This button could be useful for PC application, but not for online. Every action should be saved with possibility to undo.
    I was editing scheduler and forgot to save project. When the session automatically finished, popup window appeared in browser. I pushed “continue to edit” and lost 2 hours of work. I have got scheduler after last save.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. remove save button

Remove save button for Project Scheduler. This button could be useful for PC application, but not for online. Every action should be saved with possibility to undo.
    I was editing scheduler and forgot to save project. When the session automatically finished, popup window appeared in browser. I pushed “continue to edit” and lost 2 hours of work. I have got scheduler after last save.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How do I query my project online website to retrieve Projects with an Azure Active Directory Registered App for Project Online?

I'm trying to query this link for Project Online: https://crmdynamics1.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_api/ProjectData/Projects I want to read the OData of my sharepoint, but every time I sign in and use the token from my AAD App, I receive the following error: {'error_description':'Exception of type 'Microsoft.IdentityModel.Tokens.AudienceUriValidationFailedException' was thrown.'}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I have forced checkin of some projects and since early morning, there is only one that is still processing between several other projects

I have forced checkin of some projects and since early morning, there is only one that is still processing between several other projects that were checkedin. Does anyone know what is probably happening?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Project Online

Feedback and Knowledge Base