Project Online

Welcome to Microsoft Project’s Feedback Forum!

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum for all of your ideas and suggestions for Microsoft Project offerings. The Project team regularly reviews the ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussion.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. We will do our best to respond to the top suggestions.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The Microsoft Project Team

How can we improve Project Online?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Sort WBS by hierarchy

I'm not sure why this is even an issue but, when sorting WBS codes by "ascending" order, "1.10" should not come before "1.2". Can we please address this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Freeze" item name when scrolling: roadmap

The name of the item should "freeze" on blue item bar that is displayed.

When scrolling through the roadmap, you can only see an item name if the item bar starts within the current view. This results in a bunch of item bars with no title displayed.

For example, in a row I have an item called "Training". It goes from January to June. The title displays on the blue bar for that row. However, when I scroll the roadmap to the right, and I'm only now looking at months starting in April, there is just a blank blue bar…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please add an API call to retrieve Timesheet data using the Nuget package Microsoft.SharePointOnline.CSOM.

I want to retrieve Timesheet data to view how the Task hours are rolled up. It is not available in the API using the Microsoft.SharePointOnline.CSOM nuget package. The only way I'm able to retrieve it currently is via an OData request.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Use teams for files etc. rather than SharePoint

Currently Project online is based around SharePoint however it would be better if the Sites component of this was a Team, especially with the way MS is developing Teams. This would allow project chat etc. and yet still have sharepoint for those organisations that are not yet comfortable with Teams itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Roadmaps - Allow date to be typed in

It would be nice if we can type in a date in the screen below. Sometimes it is harder to scroll if I am looking for a roadmap/project from past (or) future.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. PWA Storage reaching threshold notifications

Automated notifications should be enabled/ sent when PWA storage (not SharePoint storage) reaches 90% of its storage quota. The notifications can be sent to Global admin or SharePoint collection admins. Manual monitoring the PWA storage is not correct and efficient way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Customizable New Engagement Form to allow adding needed fields for filtered views.

In our organization we are using Project Online to track large and small projects, enhancements, and BAU. The ability to add a custom field on the new engagement request with an additional look up table would help resource managers group requests accordingly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Timesheet comments for every line submitted

For tasks planned at a high level - e.g. 'Bake product'. It would be great for every submission of timesheet data if there was a comment. So, if at the beginning of the day I submit an hour baking a cup cake and then later an hour baking a bun then I would like to have a comment for each line on each save. The total for the day would be 2 hours and it is possible to see what comments were made as the day progresses.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better Integration with O365

Would like to see better integration between PWA and the O365 suite. For example. I want to see all my PWA sites in Outlook similar to how I see Groups today. I want to be able to link a Team to a PWA site, or create a team with a PWA site. I want to be able to see all project tasks assigned to me in Outlook and ToDo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. バーに設定した色が Project Online にインポート時すると反映しない

インポート時にバーに設定した色が反映しない

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Roadmap: Add category field for roadmap items and allow to pivot the view by category to create swimlane charts

In larger programs tasks of a certain category are distributed over mutliple projects and initiatives. By adding a category field (a bit like the 6 labels in Planner) would allow to regroup the information into swimlanes, which would in turn increase the reporting value of roadmaps.

Kind regards,
    Trutz-Sebastian Stephani

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great to be able to jump to Projet Details or to the Project site when it exists

It would be great to be able to jump to Project Details or to the Project site when it exists. Currently it is only possible to jump to the Project Details.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Alow me to create a project

When I try use the create project button I'm not able to start filling in any information yet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)